On 11/1/2019 at 9:35 AM, opcode said:

HDMI requires a transmitter, so we are reserving that for Omni

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t know if you thought about this.  You are creating a module for the ColecoVision to play Omni games. When you get to the Omni, why not create an expansion module that allows us to play the old ColecoVision games, or even build in a ColecoVision compatible cartridge port into the Omni from the beginning.

I don’t know if you thought about this.  You are creating a module for the ColecoVision to play Omni games. When you get to the Omni, why not create an expansion module that allows us to play the old ColecoVision games, or even build in a ColecoVision compatible cartridge port into the Omni from the beginning.

That can be done since OMNI includes an expansion port. Problem is, considering tooling costs, of there would be enough demand to justify such a module.

36 minutes ago, opcode said:

That can be done since OMNI includes an expansion port. Problem is, considering tooling costs, of there would be enough demand to justify such a module.

Just for the convenience of only dealing with one console to play Coleco/SGM/Omni games, I would buy the expansion module.  Plus you get the bonus of being able to connect HDMI.  Most tv’s sold nowadays do not have a svideo or rgb port.  Do a preorder for the module.  If you get enough people signing up then you can commence with the module.  Of course this is in the future since the Omni probably won’t be out until 2020/2021.

Ken

• Like 1