IGNORED

Ninja Odyssey will be released very soon for Intellivision

Kai_Magazine

Hello everyone

I'd like to underline one major point:

The game is being published as cart release.

The box is planned for later, and it depends on the fact that the cart release sell enough to cover the investment.

Just to clarify that boxes will be made only if the game will sell, Elektronite need to follow this model to recover costs and be able to propose more titles instead of having 100% budget risked on 1-2 titles

cheers

Hello everyone

I'd like to underline one major point:

The game is being published as cart release.

The box is planned for later, and it depends on the fact that the cart release sell enough to cover the investment.

Just to clarify that boxes will be made only if the game will sell, Elektronite need to follow this model to recover costs and be able to propose more titles instead of having 100% budget risked on 1-2 titles

cheers

Ah, great. Yet another stab at a business model to motivate collectors buy more than one copy. :roll:

• Like 1

So will the people who buy carts later be able to buy the rest as an upgrade without having to buy another cart?

And the result will be the same as a cib copy?

As I understand it, if they sell enough cart and roms only, they will release the box in June. So it's all dependant on how well they sell.

With so many hands in too few pockets more and more creative ways are coming out of the woodwork to keep the producers flow of $$$.

It will end up like I have been saying all along a producer buying each others product. The common collector will not have deep enough pockets to feed their addiction.

And to keep up with all these hands vying for their $$$.

It s great having so much choices to pick from. This is one game that I will be purchasing. Its all about choice and quality of games now for me.

Cheers

this looks like a great game to add to a collection. ??

Where is it stated that there will be an upgrade kit?

I don't see that spelled out by either the author or producer.

Is that in fact the case?

First of all, it's already figured out on Facebook. And I'm allowed to speak on behalf of Elektronite.

Edited by Intymike

The release of Ninja Odyssey will happen this way:

In a few days (probably on Saturday) the sale starts at naberhood.com.

You can buy:

The Cartridge for 40 USD + shipping

The ROM for 20 USD.

Cartridge and ROM combined for 50 USD (+ shipping).

The ROM will be encrypted and works only on the LTO Flash! No other multi cart or any emulator.

If 140 cartridges are sold (which is in my opinion a very reasonable number), there will be boxes, instruction booklets and overlays produced for the game in June.

You can upgrade from the cartridge to the complete version.

There will be a certain number of complete boxes (but we encourage you to buy the cartridge to ensure the break even). If you buy now only the ROM, you will get a 10USD discount on the complete version.

I can assure you that this is a game that will blow you away! It sets new standards on the Intellivision (with many great games over the last years).

And there are already more games in the making that are developed by Kai Magazine!

Edited by Intymike
  • Like 2

I don't know for now but I assume it will add up to the price of a normal Elektronite game.

you know how things are around here , we cant assume anything anymore.. The box flaps have been opened wide..

It would be nice if a price would be provided this way there would be no surprises ...

Update:

The release of Ninja Odyssey will happen this way:

In a few days (probably on Saturday) the sale starts at naberhood.com.

You can buy:

The Cartridge (Cartridge only) for 40 USD + shipping

The ROM for 20 USD.

Cartridge and ROM combined for 50 USD (+ shipping).

The ROM will be encrypted and works only on the LTO Flash! No other multi cart or any emulator.

If 140 cartridges are sold (which is in my opinion a very reasonable number), there will be boxes, instruction booklets and overlays produced for the game in June.

You can upgrade from the cartridge to the complete version. The upgrade kit will cost 30USD.

(about shipping costs: The shipping of the cartridge will be marginally cheaper than a complete edition, as it goes for the upgrade kit if not preassembled)

There will be a certain number of complete boxes (but we encourage you to buy the cartridge to ensure the break even). If you buy now only the ROM, you will get a 10USD discount on the complete version.

I can assure you that this is a game that will blow you away! It sets new standards on the Intellivision (with many great games over the last years).

And there are already more games in the making that are developed by Kai Magazine!

All other questions will be answered on it's release!

• Like 3

That is indeed a lot of detailed info, and much appreciated.

It may be that the older I'm getting, the more I just smile and sit around looking like I have no idea what's going on, because I actually might not. So please bear with me if this is already understood from prior posts. When the sale starts on Saturday or so, does that mean the LTO ROM will be available for purchase and download in a day or two after the LTO S/N is provided? Or is everything on day one still pre-order? I have an LTO so I'll certainly get the ROM for this game, at a minimum.

Thanks!

Blaine

Elektronite has assumed the policy that we will start sales and ship when we have the materials. There will be no pre-orders.

I will have a meeting regarding delivery of ROMS with William tonight, but it will be something like this: If you make a purchase that includes the ROM, complete the purchase and email your LTO Flash ID along with your order number to me and I will send the encrypted ROM back by email. Yes, it may take a day or two,

• Like 2

Elektronite has assumed the policy that we will start sales and ship when we have the materials. There will be no pre-orders.

I will have a meeting regarding delivery of ROMS with William tonight, but it will be something like this: If you make a purchase that includes the ROM, complete the purchase and email your LTO Flash ID along with your order number to me and I will send the encrypted ROM back by email. Yes, it may take a day or two,

What if a person doesn't own an LTO Flash? The rom can't be used by people with just an emulator?