IGNORED

Skunkboard from Sell My Retro

chicgamer

Not sure, will it have USB connection to the PC? If you have to remove the card from Jaguar, plug into PC, write game, remove from PC, re-plug into Jaguar and then boot, well this will do for a hello world, but nothing else.

Good for me is: BJL ROM (which makes a register dump) + SkunkBoard. Best would be if the SkunkBoard would have a RAM to store the "ROM" instead.

Here is the awesomeness in the works:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/254003-upcoming-jaguar-sd-cartridge/?p=4214996

• 1 year later...
On 2/11/2019 at 1:37 PM, mqark said:

Oof! Sure I paid closer to 120 pounds! (might be misremembering). I believe it came from GoatStore.

Anyhoo, it's doing nothing. If someone wants it, please let me know. I can't see any reason why 65 pounds shouldn't be a reasonable price.

I'll have to check the version. I'd swap it for a Harmony encore cart...

HI did you sell this I the end? 

FWIW, I recently got one of these from Zaxon on Sell My Retro, properly beveled edge and all, though I did need to clean it with a cotton swab + IPA before I could get it to work reliably when it first arrived.  This has been true of almost every cartridge I've gotten though, so I think the Jag I have may just have a questionable connector itself in it.  Anyway, it was a little pricey, but it works great now.  Just sign up to get notified when they are available again on SellMyRetro and wait a month or two.  Looking at the history there, it seems like he's building them in very small batches, like 1-2 at a time.  I agree the GD will be far more useful for just playing games, but it doesn't look like a great development tool, which is mostly what I'm using mine for.  Both have their place.  Hopefully once the GD is widely available, people that were using Skunks as a poor-man's flash cart will dump them on ebay or here for developers to pick up ?

3 hours ago, cubanismo said:

I agree the GD will be far more useful for just playing games, but it doesn't look like a great development tool, which is mostly what I'm using mine for.  Both have their place.  Hopefully once the GD is widely available, people that were using Skunks as a poor-man's flash cart will dump them on ebay or here for developers to pick up ?

The JagGD is an awesome development tool!

It takes ~4-6 seconds to upload a dev ROM Vs what... 40 seconds on the skunk?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sporadic said:

I think the current problem is getting one tho. It seems those in the know got them at the beginning and some on the wait list. I was on the Retro HQ wait-list and I think that list is no more so I'm on the AA wait-list now. 

But the skunkboard itself has been awesome for me, I've really enjoyed it. I use it with a laptop so it's not hard to get it right by there vs those who mention having to run a cable across the room! 

4 hours ago, cubanismo said:

I agree the GD will be far more useful for just playing games, but it doesn't look like a great development tool, which is mostly what I'm using mine for.

I for one much prefer 21 seconds for a 6mb upload compared to 3 minutes on the skunkboard, along with working EEPROM data, and have no plans to go back to using the Skunk for development.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sporadic said:

Upload from PC? Does it have USB connection? Or do you have to swap SD cards?

6 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

No problems with any version of Windows above XP.

Ok, thanks for the info. So I need to check what's wrong on my machine.

The driver won't install (UAC problem) and JCP claims a missing shared library (even the re-compiled version).