IGNORED

Good multiconductor for DIY SIO cable

manterola

Hi All,

I'd struggled to find a good or decent cable (not to stiff, and not too thin copper conductors) for a home made SIO cable. I had 3d printed a couple of SIO connectors and I also have a couple of PCBs for a poorman SIO version, but no luck to find a cable with 13 conductors (I don't need 100m)

Do you recommend something you guys have used before?.. obviously good price (for someone in US).

Thanks a lot

25' lengths of 15 conductor shielded cable are available at Amazon.com and Jameco for $20.95 + shipping

Amazon.com: https://www.amazon.com/CABLE-SHIELDED-CONDUCTOR-24AWG-ROUND-x/dp/B00B88BE9E

Jameco: https://www.jameco.com/z/5719-CL-25-Multi-Conductor-Cable-15-Conductor-24-AWG-Shielded-25-Feet_644447.html

Fantastic! Thanks for that link, BillC. I need to make a handful of new cables myself. Anyone in the US offering new 3D-printed SIO connector shells? I know Lotharek sells them but shipping from Poland is brutally expensive and the cheapest option is crazy-slow. My most-recent Ultimate 1MB board is sitting somewhere in limbo between Warsaw and US Customs, no update on the tracking info in the last 8 days, and 16 days since I ordered ...

Hi!

Hi All,

I'd struggled to find a good or decent cable (not to stiff, and not too thin copper conductors) for a home made SIO cable. I had 3d printed a couple of SIO connectors and I also have a couple of PCBs for a poorman SIO version, but no luck to find a cable with 13 conductors (I don't need 100m)

Do you recommend something you guys have used before?.. obviously good price (for someone in US).

Thanks a lot

Sometimes buying a cable *with* connectors is cheaper, see this for 5m https://www.aliexpress.com/item/5M-OBD2-16-pin-Male-to-Female-Extension-Cable-Cord-16pin-to-16pin-Full-Access-OBD/32598047128.html

• Like 2

Hello Herb

I know Lotharek sells them but shipping from Poland is brutally expensive and the cheapest option is crazy-slow.

Or you have them send to somebody in Europe and you join us at this years Fujiama and pick your stuff up. (Unfortunately, Lotharek never comes to the Fujiama himself) This years Fujiama will last a whole week!

OK, so it's not the fastest way to get some stuff from Europe to you, but it is the one where you have the most fun!

Sincerely

Mathy

Edited by Mathy
  • Like 1

Hi All,

Thanks a lot

What's a poorman's SIO?