IGNORED

Othello

classicgamer74

Othello/Reversi is a good game and is well suited to a video game version because of its simplicity re moves etc.

Also since as the game progresses there are less moves to make, then it makes for a good AI game for a limited console like the 2600. Modern versions of the game are more or less unbeatable now because the CPU always makes the perfect move.

• Like 2

I had Windows 3.0 before 3.1, and that came with Reversi instead of Minesweeper. It was definitely addictive, mostly because I could not beat the computer on even the easiest level for the longest time. It took me a while to recognize the importance of seizing the corners (in most situations). Even now it's not an automatic win for me.

I didn't play the 2600 version until much later but I do like it, and find it much easier than the Windows version. Since I'm weird, I generally attempt an illegal move deliberately at least once each game, just to hear that lovely "BUZZZZ!" sound.

Edited by butterburp
  • Like 1