IGNORED

Classic Gamer 74's Videos

classicgamer74

In my latest episode I discuss more Atari 2600 prototypes. I think there will only be one more 2600 prototypes episode and that one will be about unfinished (unplayable) prototypes and ones that haven't seen the light of day yet. After that I will move on to prototypes from other systems like the 5200, Intellivision, Colecovision, NES, etc. I was really surprised by the large number of prototypes for the NES, but not actually as Nintendo were very particular about what they allowed to be played on their system.

• Like 1

In this week's episode I discuss what I consider to be the hardest 2600 game in history, Raiders of the Lost Ark.  I'm curious, how many of you beat this game back in the day?  How many did it take years to beat it?  If you don't think this is the hardest 2600 which game to you give that honor to?  I'd like to hear what you have to say.  Thanks for viewing!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, classicgamer74 said:

In this week's episode I discuss what I consider to be the hardest 2600 game in history, Raiders of the Lost Ark.  I'm curious, how many of you beat this game back in the day?  How many did it take years to beat it?  If you don't think this is the hardest 2600 which game to you give that honor to?  I'd like to hear what you have to say.  Thanks for viewing!!

Thanks for uploading!

Note: Raiders of the Lost Ark premiered in 1981, not 1982.

And IMO some Indiana Jones music during the gameplay would have been more suitable.

8)

In today's episode I discuss games based on the French comic series Asterix.  I discovered this comic when I was doing research for this channel and have since become a big fan!  If you haven't seen any of the movies or read the comics, I recommend that you do.  Strange how Asterix is a world-wide phenomenon everywhere in the world except the US. 

In this week's episode I discuss games that only got a small number of ports.  For many of these games I was surprised at the low number of ports that they received such as Satan's Hollow and Solar Fox.  Both of those games should have been ported out to every game system of their day.  But again we have to take into account the video game crash.  Still it would have been interesting to see Satan's Hollow on the 2600.  

• Like 1

In the latest episode I discuss games based on the series Moomin.  Many of you from Europe are already familiar with Moomin, but for those of you that aren't, this is one you won't want to miss.  This is also the first episode in which I discuss mobile games.  What is your game based on a cartoon character?  Let me know!  Thanks!!

• Like 1

In my latest episode I discuss and profile the games of homebrew programmer Edward Smith.  He has some great games and his forthcoming game Championship Golf looks to be his best work.  Finally!  We have a great golf game for the 2600!  If any of you are programmers and would like me to show your games on my channel, please let me know!

• Confused 1

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • In my latest episode I discuss and profile the games of homebrew programmer Edward Smith.  He has some great games and his forthcoming game Championship Golf looks to be his best work.  Finally!  We have a great golf game for the 2600!  If any of you are programmers and would like me to show your games on my channel, please let me know!
Edited by classicgamer74
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, classicgamer74 said:

In my latest episode I discuss and profile the games of homebrew programmer Edward Smith.  He has some great games and his forthcoming game Championship Golf looks to be his best work.  Finally!  We have a great golf game for the 2600!  If any of you are programmers and would like me to show your games on my channel, please let me know!

I was just gonna watch that. It's burned.

4 hours ago, classicgamer74 said:
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • In my latest episode I discuss and profile the games of homebrew programmer Edward Smith.  He has some great games and his forthcoming game Championship Golf looks to be his best work.  Finally!  We have a great golf game for the 2600!  If any of you are programmers and would like me to show your games on my channel, please let me know!

Ah OK.

• Like 1

In my latest episode I discuss more Atari 2600 Hacks, this time featuring some of the hacks made by Scott Dayton.  Of all the Atari 2600 hackers out there, he is the undisputed king.  He and Dr. Clu have helped me to start work on some hacks.  My first serious one is previewed at the end.  If any of you would like to get it, you can find it in the sub forum Atari 2600 hacks here!  Check it out and let me know what you think. 

• Like 1

On 6/9/2019 at 9:26 AM, classicgamer74 said:

In my latest episode I discuss more Atari 2600 prototypes. I think there will only be one more 2600 prototypes episode and that one will be about unfinished (unplayable) prototypes and ones that haven't seen the light of day yet. After that I will move on to prototypes from other systems like the 5200, Intellivision, Colecovision, NES, etc. I was really surprised by the large number of prototypes for the NES, but not actually as Nintendo were very particular about what they allowed to be played on their system.

Wow, nice episode, guess I gotta get some of those protos...

• Like 1

In my latest episode I discuss games  that were not released in NTSC only in PAL.  Some of these were really lost classics, others...well, the annoying music that came with some of the games was too much!  What are some of your favorite PAL games?  Would you have purchased them back in the day if they had been available in North America? 

• Like 1

In my latest episode I discuss bowling games.  I decided to use the INT PBA Bowling game for the title screen. :)  There are some great bowling games out there, probably at least one for every game system.  What are your favorites?  Do you think that it's time a homebrew programmer made a new bowling game for the 2600?

Edited by classicgamer74
didn't load right. sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

In today's episode Mumford and me discuss games that were never  ported to any home gaming console.  Some will surprise you.  Some were never planned at all (as far as I know), while others were but never got past the planning or prototype  stage.  What is your favorite arcade game that was never ported that you would like to see a homebrew programmer make?  I'd like to know!  Also, please submit questions that you have for me as I will be doing an FAQ episode in two weeks.  

Edited by classicgamer74

• 2 weeks later...

In today's episode I discuss Martial Arts Fighting Games.  It would be nice if someone could make a good fighting game for the 2600.  The Kung Fu Fighters homebrew was pretty great, but I wonder if there will be others.  Almost up to 100 episodes, when that happens I'll have a special announcement.