IGNORED

Heavy sixer guts in a light sixer? And PAL?!?

liveinabin

Hi all - not been here for a while :)

I had a bit of time today to fix up some 2600s. Had a (PAL - Im in UK, this is important) 6 switch woody with no TIA so I grab another dead unit to act as donor. This one:

AC34333-E-810-B-4-F1-D-AB38-BEB54-F10784

On opening it, I discover this:

BD7-C06-CA-83-E1-4-C01-8-DE2-862-FD62-DC4-F4-B516-B-9-CB1-4-C8-C-9-E95-85-D5-D7-

7-B6-B8-C96-59-ED-4-CFE-A381-C625427-BAD

Now, correct me if Im wrong, but thats the innards of a Heavy Sixer is it not? There are a couple of other discrepancies too; the switch fascia has a thicker orange bezel than usual, the type is further from the switches and the TM is an entirely different font from my other 2600s.

2-B6-FF288-2-DB5-4028-8-FA7-474704-D3-B0

Could the reason that its apparently not working be that its an NTSC 2600? How could I check it works (aside from composite modding it which seems drastic at this stage)? Is there a chance that its PAL?

Now I think about it, I was given this about 10 years ago as a non working Atari from a town nearby that houses a US airbase - so theres a good chance it IS an NTSC half-sixer (is that what they call these?).

Well, theyre not. That sticky out heat sink thing on the left, the different arrangement of the chips on the board, the left facing RF unit, the Atari logo on the rear of the switchboard..

Those are not 1978+ features.