IGNORED

US Mattel Aquarius on a european PAL TV?

So an hour ago my (almost) new Aquarius Computer & Game System arrived from the USA here in austria.

For the powerplug, I'll need a voltage converters, thats clear, but what do I need to get this TV-Antenna-Thing into a PAL coaxial antenna plug on the tv.... and, is a converter (if existing) enough, or do I i need something more to get the ntsc signal in a european tv?

thanks for your help ;-)

I could not get the signal from an USA NTSC INTELLIVISION, to work at any of the LCD tvs i had access to. I ended up make a composite mod for my Intellivision, maybe the Aquarius is a diffirent story. I remember i could get a color fuzzy picture, but no sound using the analog tv tuner, but the main problem is the TV tune on different frequencies in EU than in USA.

Physically you need an adapter like this to plug it into your TV:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132027230219

(Please check genders and connection type, but I think that is the right adapter - I've got a bag of identical ones)

However I've been using a PAL Aquarius that has very bad RF output even on old CRT monitors that normally produce the best results, so perhaps you should not have too high hopes. I don't know if A/V modding is easy or difficult on this one, but it might be an option.

Only a few LCD TVs in Europea display RF NTSC, and given how pathetic LCD TV's here behave with RF, I doubt you'll have any chance to display anything on a LCD TV.

I got a Japanese Nintendo Pong to display a stunningly good picture on a cheap Radiola (Philips ) 36cm CRT TV, but that was really a crapshoot as I tuned for "Europe" it just happened that the TV apparently recognized NTSC and displayed it correctly - but sound would probably be off as the sound carrier for NTSC is not at the same frequency than any PAL/SECAM sound frequency.

Unless your TV offers, by extreme luck, to tune on PAL M or N standard, which both use the same sound frequency. But you probably won't get color. So it's color or sound, unless you have a very accomodating TV.