IGNORED

jzintv, remapping left analog stick to right analog stick on logitech F310?

Swami

5 hours ago, mr_me said:

Could be sdl1 is seeing them in directinput mode while sdl2 sees them in xinput mode.  Another thing you can try is updating the sdl2 dll.  Jzintv for windows is still 32-bit so it should be the 32-bit version.

https://www.libsdl.org/download-2.0.php

Updated the sdl2.dll (32-bit) and jzIntv SDL2 still shows 6 axes in both controllers and has same trigger problem.

To those who might be interested in using a USB retro style controller with jzIntv, I also found two controllers that don't work with the jzIntv SDL2 build, but work fine in the jzIntv SDL1 build.

With the Retro-Bit 6-button USB Genesis controller, in jzIntv SDL2, it sees 5 axes instead of just 2.  As a result the D-pad does not work.

The same happens with a NES-style USB controller I have from Retro-Bit.

I also have Vision-dapter and both jzIntv SDL2 and jzIntv SDL1 recognize it just fine for Intellivision, Genesis and Atari controllers with a 9-pin connection.

The same goes for the iCode adapter for using Atari 9-pin controllers over USB.  No problem with either jzIntv version.

So for now, if you like to switch controllers based on the game you play, and if you prefer an XBox 360 or XBox Series X/S controller and want to be able to map the triggers, or are using a USB controller from Retro-bit, I would recommend using the jzIntv SDL1 version.

(This applies to jzIntv for Windows 32-bit)

Edited by larryvgs

• 1 year later...

I don't have them for RETROPIE, but I can give you a couple that I made for jzIntvImGui on Windows 10 and for Android on the Fire TV.  (Attachments below - Rename the .txt extension to .cfg if you want to try them.)

The D-Pad has different controls on Windows 10 vs. on Android for Fire TV, and I have no idea what it would be on RETROPIE.

Best thing to do when testing is to download Event Diagnogtics (event_diag.rom) and confirm what jzIntv is seeing and then you will know what to enter for your configs in RETROPIE before trying the controls in the game.

BTW, getting the triggers to work on an XBox (360, One or Series X/S) controller is a pain in the butt, and almost always they won't work.  Either don't use the triggers, or use another controller.  I also have configs for the Nintendo Pro Controller, 8Bit Do Pro 2, 8BitDo Ultimate Controller and a PowerA Moga XP5-X Plus which I got used on Amazon for very cheap and it still works great.  With almost every other controller I tried outside of the XBox ones the triggers (or secondary left and right buttons) are treated as buttons in Event Diagnostics and will work.  For other controllers search out reviews on YouTube to see if they are treated as triggers or buttons.

XBox_Win.txt XBox_FireTV_OS7.txt

5 hours ago, Duglor said:

Do any of you know of a site where they will have sample hackfile.cfg 's for jzintv  using the xbox one or xbox 360 controller for RETROPIE?

I have Xbox360 controller specific keyboard hack files for use in RetroPie for about 175 different games. Which ones would be helpful?

Edited by ts-x

@Duglor - you've motivated me to make some long awaited updates to my jzIntv Github page => here (this link is also referenced in the master RetroPie documentation for jzIntv => here).  That link includes all of the kbd hack files and launch scripts used for jzIntv in my RetroPie setup.  There is a summary spreadsheet in the "kbd" folder that lists the specific controls mapped to each button for each game.  That folder also includes an image for the Intellivision "Numpad" invoked by many of the kbd files (usually called by pressing LB).  These are just my modern interpretation of the controls, so feel free to change/revise to your liking.  Let me know if you have questions or if I can help in any other way.

Edited by ts-x