IGNORED

Kid Vid Tape Recorder Options\Help Needed

Shawn

So has anyone actually dumped the cassette tapes.  I've been hunting for them for awhile.  I've already recreated the cartage from the rom.  Gonna make the cable.  I have a few samples you guys have posted. I'm willing to help crack this nut.  As I do alot of electronic / weird work on video games and pinball.  I have an idea what its doing just need to get cassette mp3s.  of course in stereo.

-Ron

On 4/13/2019 at 10:59 AM, BigO said:

As ridiculous as it might be, I wouldn't put it past somebody around here to eventually do a homebrew Kid Vid compatible game. :)

This is my attempt. I have the cartage created.  Audio gear to reproduce the cassettes.  The cassette deck.  Home made cable.  Just need the stereo tape image.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rcoonjr said:

Just need the stereo tape image.

So you have a Kid Vid, and know the signals required, and have the equipment to generate the "control" track, and now need to just create a tape to accompany your game?

Or?

On 1/15/2024 at 2:21 AM, BigO said:

So you have a Kid Vid, and know the signals required, and have the equipment to generate the "control" track, and now need to just create a tape to accompany your game?

Or?

I need to recreate the tape(s) for my game. 

Sorry but I don't follow. "Recreate" indicates creating a thing again after the thing has already been created previously. That would mean to me that your project is done.

I'm lost regarding the intent of your post. It's a lucky thing that you don't need me to help you move forward. 😀

Good luck with your project. Please post any progress here.

No1

19 hours ago, BigO said:

Sorry but I don't follow. "Recreate" indicates creating a thing again after the thing has already been created previously. That would mean to me that your project is done.

I'm lost regarding the intent of your post. It's a lucky thing that you don't need me to help you move forward. 😀

Good luck with your project. Please post any progress here.

Someone has recreated the audio file without the indexing.  this is so it can be emulated.  When I asked if anyone has the raw stereo mix of the tapes thus no answer.  I'll just go about doing it with what little I've found. 

After some painful reverse engineering.  And remastering a tape and digitized it from some audio files found on YouTube.  I was able to play Smurfs saves the day on original hardware,  recreated tape,  home brewed cartage.  I had to recreate the 3100 tone pulses and correct sequencing.  So with that said.  I'm gonna still hunt down the other 5 cassette tapes to remaster them in digital form so they can be transferred to cassette to be played on real hardware and not the z26 emulator.  I don't mind helping those that want to actually play it on the real hardware.  Just trying to help preserve original state.

Screenshot_20240126_104410_Gallery(1).jpg

20240126_104721(1).jpg

Edited by rcoonjr
  • Like 1