IGNORED

XE Super Cart 128 - Midi-Maze Offering

Dropcheck

Makes you wonder how long they've been messing up... I remember when I ordered a year or two or so back... I'd think they'd owe you money... half migration is a terrible thing. Not checking their work... well that's another... mumbling and making such statements, well, that's just unprofessional.

I think we need to put anti gremlin devices around the ranch. And a cyber patrol on the wan connections just to be sure.

The good news is... it's fixed. Well, fingers crossed the devices and patrol deployed in time, and the mumblers did their job correctly for once.

The thing was that I never had any problem bringing up the site either directly typing in the address or clicking on a link. Never saw missing pictures in my posts. Nothing to indicate there was a problem. I've had many people purchase from my site, some from Europe. So it was working. Something changed along the way. Probably at my previous hosting provider. I know GoDaddy went through some major software revisions in the last year or so and it's possible something was mis-transfered in the process.

I wouldn't and couldn't say it was anything with my current hosting provider, hence the mumbling. ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

I currently have:

Super XE Midi Maze bare pcbs (XE grey cart version) 7

Super XE Midi Maze bare pcbs(Atari Brown cart version) 9

I can make a total of 5 complete boards in three to four days wait time, with more eproms on the way. (about a week shipping time)

First batch has already shipped.

This is kind of a rolling quantity. At present if there is demand, but no stock, I can usually ship a completed cartridge board within two weeks.

Edited by Dropcheck

I got one of the gray cart XE versions, and other then having a hell of a time opening my Bug Hunt donor cart (some plastic fingers broke, but were fixable with a bit of glue), I can verify that Dropcheck's board works like a charm :) .

Hello Lenore

Would you consider making a version of the PCB that will fit inside the AtariMax cartridge shell?

Sincerely

Mathy

I can usually fit the electronics into just about any shell as long as it has the standard thickness. The narrow, long Polish cases are unfortunately too thin. The trick is that I have to have the shell to get the proper dimensions of the pcb that will fit. Or I have to have a super accurate Eagle board file that has the correct dimension for the maximum size pcb that will fit.

Do you have a link to the cartridge shells at Best Electronics? The least expensive I found was Atari Basic Cartridges for $10

No specific link as it is listed in the addendum, here is the info

Atari 400/800/XL/XE Empty Game Cartridge with metal back. CB101080 $5.00

The only files I'm aware of that have been posted here (and on my website) are standard ROM file which can be burned to a 128K EPROM, or the xex file for use on a 320K system. I've also tested the ROM file in an UNO cart, and it works like a champ. I would assume the same would hold true for an Ultimate cart assuming it can launch ROM files.

Edit: The ROM requires that the cart can bank select a 128k image. Whereas the xex only requires that the system have at least 320k of RAM (with the ROM only requiring 64k of RAM).

The CAR file is just the ROM file with a 16 byte header on it with a cart type identifier, there's a list of those types in the link below. There are a bunch of 128k rom types, only one of them (the XEGS switchable) will load the midimaze cart correctly.

https://github.com/atari800/atari800/blob/master/DOC/cart.txt

Ultimate cart can handle most of them but there are a few of the odd ones it cannot. AVGcart can handle more. Without a header on the rom, the carts default to some common cart type which is probably wrong for MidiMaze.

XEGS 128K Cart

That works on my Ultimate cart, but I must turn off my hard disk for it to run.

Edit: How should I go about getting the 850 to go BEEEEP? It doesn't seem to do this own its own. Yes, I have power cycled the 850. Unfortunately, I have the bad ROM that requires a power cycle.

Edited by Kyle22

I got one of the gray cart XE versions, and other then having a hell of a time opening my Bug Hunt donor cart (some plastic fingers broke, but were fixable with a bit of glue), I can verify that Dropcheck's board works like a charm :) .

I remember seeing a thread with a link to a how-to procedure for opening these carts utilizing a vice. I'm not having luck finding it now.