IGNORED

So here's a dumb question (Cuttle Cart II)

MegaManFan

I apologize for a great many things in advance of this post, but thank you for reading it if you do anyway.

Many many moons ago I bought a Cuttle Cart II when they were being produced and there was a topic thread in the 7800 subsection of the AtariAge forums. It was pretty much everything I had ever dreamed of - a multicart for my 7800 so I could leave one cart in my console most of the time (because as we all know 7800 carts are a TIGHT FIT and wear out your hands and arms going in and out).

The cart worked great for me for a long time, until one day while yanking it out of the cartridge slot to test a new cart I had just got, I slammed my hand and the cart into it into the wooden shelves of my setup for the system. OUCH. The MMC card reader at the top got dislodged and the card disappeared inside of the shell along with whatever held it in place.

Now if this sounds like deja vu here's where I must apologize, because I asked about this before and somebody sent me the part I would need to repair it. Unfortunately I was a nervous nelly after all the money I spent getting the Cuttle Cart II and didn't want to crack open the shell and possibly make things worse. On top of that I had a very long bout of depression that went untreated, so I spent at least half a decade or more barely visiting the AA forums and seldom if ever posting.

Things have greatly improved for me over the last two years thanks to therapy and medication, but despite many times cleaning up and reshuffling the deck for all the consoles and games I've collected (including a massive overhaul in the last week alone) I've never found the part I was sent by a kind user in these forums, and I can't even remember who that was/is. I do still have the Cuttle Cart II though, and I know my MMC is still rattling around inside it. So here's my stupid question...

Could anybody fix this for me?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Very happy to say Crossbow brought my CC2 back to life! He tested it and it's working as of the date and time of this post. He had to put the shroud back in and get some MMC off eBay to test it with, but once that was done, two thumbs WAY up. Oh -- he also put a Pokey chip in it for me. :D