Jump to content
BeeryMiller

TIPI - Geneve 9640 to Raspberry PI interface development

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, jedimatt42 said:

Oh, and InsaneMultitasker found a bug in the TIPI DSR rom last week... the setdir lvl2 operation...   I gave him a patch, but I don't know if it fixed it.  I didn't test on my Geneve... I can't find any Geneve specific software worth risking turning it on for.

Tested successfully.  The patched DSR works properly.  I was able to load MDOS via the TIPI from "TIPI.MDOS1." using level 2 IO.  See TIPI log:

 



2020-05-22 15:29:50,376 TipiService : INFO     TIPI Ready
2020-05-22 15:32:33,895 TipiDisk    : INFO     Opcode 5 LOAD - DSK3.TIPI1
2020-05-22 15:32:33,897 Pab         : INFO     opcode: Load, fileType: Sequential, mode: Update, dataType: Display, recordType: Fixed, recordLength: 0, recordNumber: 12288
2020-05-22 15:32:33,900 TipiDisk    : INFO     LOAD image size 1536
2020-05-22 15:32:34,120 TipiService : INFO     Request completed.
2020-05-22 15:32:34,164 LevelTwo    : INFO     set path request
2020-05-22 15:32:34,166 LevelTwo    : INFO     unit: 0, path: TIPI.MDOS1.
2020-05-22 15:32:34,169 LevelTwo    : INFO     direct input
2020-05-22 15:32:34,173 LevelTwo    : INFO     unit: 0, blocks: 0, filename: SYSTEM221, startblock 0
2020-05-22 15:32:34,179 LevelTwo    : INFO     direct input
2020-05-22 15:32:34,183 LevelTwo    : INFO     unit: 0, blocks: 32, filename: SYSTEM221, startblock 0
2020-05-22 15:32:35,357 LevelTwo    : INFO     direct input
2020-05-22 15:32:35,360 LevelTwo    : INFO     unit: 0, blocks: 32, filename: SYSTEM221, startblock 32
2020-05-22 15:32:36,533 LevelTwo    : INFO     direct input
2020-05-22 15:32:36,536 LevelTwo    : INFO     unit: 0, blocks: 32, filename: SYSTEM221, startblock 64
2020-05-22 15:32:37,691 LevelTwo    : INFO     direct input
2020-05-22 15:32:37,694 LevelTwo    : INFO     unit: 0, blocks: 32, filename: SYSTEM221, startblock 96
2020-05-22 15:32:38,844 LevelTwo    : INFO     direct input
2020-05-22 15:32:38,847 LevelTwo    : INFO     unit: 0, blocks: 32, filename: SYSTEM221, startblock 128
2020-05-22 15:32:40,023 LevelTwo    : INFO     direct input
2020-05-22 15:32:40,026 LevelTwo    : INFO     unit: 0, blocks: 32, filename: SYSTEM221, startblock 160
2020-05-22 15:32:41,183 LevelTwo    : INFO     direct input
2020-05-22 15:32:41,186 LevelTwo    : INFO     unit: 0, blocks: 32, filename: SYSTEM221, startblock 192
2020-05-22 15:32:42,364 LevelTwo    : INFO     direct input
2020-05-22 15:32:42,367 LevelTwo    : INFO     unit: 0, blocks: 32, filename: SYSTEM221, startblock 224
2020-05-22 15:32:43,543 LevelTwo    : INFO     direct input
2020-05-22 15:32:43,546 LevelTwo    : INFO     unit: 0, blocks: 32, filename: SYSTEM221, startblock 256
2020-05-22 15:32:44,707 LevelTwo    : INFO     direct input
2020-05-22 15:32:44,711 LevelTwo    : INFO     unit: 0, blocks: 32, filename: SYSTEM221, startblock 288
2020-05-22 15:32:45,881 LevelTwo    : INFO     direct input
2020-05-22 15:32:45,884 LevelTwo    : INFO     unit: 0, blocks: 32, filename: SYSTEM221, startblock 320
2020-05-22 15:32:47,076 LevelTwo    : INFO     direct input
2020-05-22 15:32:47,079 LevelTwo    : INFO     unit: 0, blocks: 32, filename: SYSTEM221, startblock 352
2020-05-22 15:32:48,260 LevelTwo    : INFO     direct input
2020-05-22 15:32:48,263 LevelTwo    : INFO     unit: 0, blocks: 32, filename: SYSTEM221, startblock 384
2020-05-22 15:32:49,452 LevelTwo    : INFO     direct input
2020-05-22 15:32:49,455 LevelTwo    : INFO     unit: 0, blocks: 32, filename: SYSTEM221, startblock 416
2020-05-22 15:32:50,642 LevelTwo    : INFO     direct input
2020-05-22 15:32:50,645 LevelTwo    : INFO     unit: 0, blocks: 32, filename: SYSTEM221, startblock 448


  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

Tested successfully.  The patched DSR works properly.  I was able to load MDOS via the TIPI from "TIPI.MDOS1." using level 2 IO.  See TIPI log:

 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 


2020-05-22 15:29:50,376 TipiService : INFO     TIPI Ready
2020-05-22 15:32:33,895 TipiDisk    : INFO     Opcode 5 LOAD - DSK3.TIPI1
2020-05-22 15:32:33,897 Pab         : INFO     opcode: Load, fileType: Sequential, mode: Update, dataType: Display, recordType: Fixed, recordLength: 0, recordNumber: 12288
2020-05-22 15:32:33,900 TipiDisk    : INFO     LOAD image size 1536
2020-05-22 15:32:34,120 TipiService : INFO     Request completed.
2020-05-22 15:32:34,164 LevelTwo    : INFO     set path request
2020-05-22 15:32:34,166 LevelTwo    : INFO     unit: 0, path: TIPI.MDOS1.
2020-05-22 15:32:34,169 LevelTwo    : INFO     direct input
2020-05-22 15:32:34,173 LevelTwo    : INFO     unit: 0, blocks: 0, filename: SYSTEM221, startblock 0
2020-05-22 15:32:34,179 LevelTwo    : INFO     direct input
2020-05-22 15:32:34,183 LevelTwo    : INFO     unit: 0, blocks: 32, filename: SYSTEM221, startblock 0
2020-05-22 15:32:35,357 LevelTwo    : INFO     direct input
2020-05-22 15:32:35,360 LevelTwo    : INFO     unit: 0, blocks: 32, filename: SYSTEM221, startblock 32
2020-05-22 15:32:36,533 LevelTwo    : INFO     direct input
2020-05-22 15:32:36,536 LevelTwo    : INFO     unit: 0, blocks: 32, filename: SYSTEM221, startblock 64
2020-05-22 15:32:37,691 LevelTwo    : INFO     direct input
2020-05-22 15:32:37,694 LevelTwo    : INFO     unit: 0, blocks: 32, filename: SYSTEM221, startblock 96
2020-05-22 15:32:38,844 LevelTwo    : INFO     direct input
2020-05-22 15:32:38,847 LevelTwo    : INFO     unit: 0, blocks: 32, filename: SYSTEM221, startblock 128
2020-05-22 15:32:40,023 LevelTwo    : INFO     direct input
2020-05-22 15:32:40,026 LevelTwo    : INFO     unit: 0, blocks: 32, filename: SYSTEM221, startblock 160
2020-05-22 15:32:41,183 LevelTwo    : INFO     direct input
2020-05-22 15:32:41,186 LevelTwo    : INFO     unit: 0, blocks: 32, filename: SYSTEM221, startblock 192
2020-05-22 15:32:42,364 LevelTwo    : INFO     direct input
2020-05-22 15:32:42,367 LevelTwo    : INFO     unit: 0, blocks: 32, filename: SYSTEM221, startblock 224
2020-05-22 15:32:43,543 LevelTwo    : INFO     direct input
2020-05-22 15:32:43,546 LevelTwo    : INFO     unit: 0, blocks: 32, filename: SYSTEM221, startblock 256
2020-05-22 15:32:44,707 LevelTwo    : INFO     direct input
2020-05-22 15:32:44,711 LevelTwo    : INFO     unit: 0, blocks: 32, filename: SYSTEM221, startblock 288
2020-05-22 15:32:45,881 LevelTwo    : INFO     direct input
2020-05-22 15:32:45,884 LevelTwo    : INFO     unit: 0, blocks: 32, filename: SYSTEM221, startblock 320
2020-05-22 15:32:47,076 LevelTwo    : INFO     direct input
2020-05-22 15:32:47,079 LevelTwo    : INFO     unit: 0, blocks: 32, filename: SYSTEM221, startblock 352
2020-05-22 15:32:48,260 LevelTwo    : INFO     direct input
2020-05-22 15:32:48,263 LevelTwo    : INFO     unit: 0, blocks: 32, filename: SYSTEM221, startblock 384
2020-05-22 15:32:49,452 LevelTwo    : INFO     direct input
2020-05-22 15:32:49,455 LevelTwo    : INFO     unit: 0, blocks: 32, filename: SYSTEM221, startblock 416
2020-05-22 15:32:50,642 LevelTwo    : INFO     direct input
2020-05-22 15:32:50,645 LevelTwo    : INFO     unit: 0, blocks: 32, filename: SYSTEM221, startblock 448

 

 

 

 

Thanks, I guess I'll bundle that up and make it available for download then ( the one instruction change to the TIPI ROM. ) 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mizapf said:

You'll need a new boot EPROM; the 0.98 ("Swan") only boots from floppy or HFDC, the later ones can also boot from SCSI and RAMdisk. I once suggested a whole new boot process with only a minimum of built-in drivers, but as always, too many ideas for too little time.

 

Maybe the PFM extension could be a good way to go (replace the boot EPROM with a Flash ROM).

Hi Michael,

There is another ROM (Geneve 1.00 sticker on the Eprom). 

during startup "Boot Bios 1.0  non-GenMod version"

which can boot from the menu (spacebar) from SCSCI, RamDisk.

(I have also a corcomp ramdisk, but no power supply so all disappears and have not found yet how to put 

files on it in a Geneve9640 setup as drives are not recognised (only a: is okay)

 

Sorry what is PFM?

 

I also was wondering is it possible to have a startup disk

which loads an image first and shows the SWAN, before going through the MDOS prompt?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jedimatt42 said:

TIPI is not accessible as a storage device from MDOS, or the boot ROM. 

 

DSK mapping on a TIPI does not emulated a floppy controller. The boot ROM expects a floppy controller. 

 

TIPI seems to work fine in GPM ROMPAGE mode... 

 

I won't speak to any future regarding TIPI and the Geneve... That is all up to all of you... 

 

Oh, and InsaneMultitasker found a bug in the TIPI DSR rom last week... the setdir lvl2 operation...   I gave him a patch, but I don't know if it fixed it.  I didn't test on my Geneve... I can't find any Geneve specific software worth risking turning it on for.

 

Thank you, understand it now, I will put it back into my TI-99/4A setup, because it is excellent with the PEB TIPI card. (I also have an 32K+TIPI sideport device, maybe I do another setup with a standalone TI-99/4A, but it gets full in the house with TI stuff 🙂  ).

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BeeryMiller said:

In GPL mode on the Geneve 9640, with Rompage Mode active (F5 - Function 5 from the GPL menu screen), the Geneve will use the on-board DSR code for device access.  This means with the TIPI, you can dir/read/write.  There is not a program yet that allows you to copy a file from the TIPI to the Geneve at any path (DSK1, WDS1, HDS1, etc.) at present.  Force Command that Matt released works on the real TI-99/4A to accomplish this, but it is too big for the Geneve and requires the FinalGrom 99.

 

I move files from the Geneve to the TIPI or vice versa through a Geneve -->SD-card Lotharek DSK1 HFE file > SD-Card HFE Reader in Windows > SC-Card DSK file save > TIDIR > TIPI networked Path on the TIPI card.  To take things the other way, it is done in reverse.

 

Not a simple process, but I have done it enough now that once I pull the SD card from the Lotharek setup on the Geneve, I can have all the contained files on the TIPI in 1 to 2 minutes.

 

Beery

 

Thank you for the process! I will try the rompage access

(I do not have the Lotharek device unfortunately), but let me see if I can find a way to power up the Corcomp 512k on a battery or 12V power supply and see how to access it to from Geneve somehow.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jedimatt42 said:

 

Thanks, I guess I'll bundle that up and make it available for download then ( the one instruction change to the TIPI ROM. ) 

 

Nice.  As a side note, the 29c256 Atmel flash seems to be working well in place of the 27C256B. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure what you are doing with the Corcomp 512K, but it is not compatible with the Geneve.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BeeryMiller said:

Not sure what you are doing with the Corcomp 512K, but it is not compatible with the Geneve.

I was thinking to use it as a ramdisk (and to boot-up from here).

 

Should the Horizon Ramdisk 3000 (with Rambo) be good to work with as ramdisk the Geneve

and to boot from here? 

 

(I am searching for a faster way to boot-up, I thought TIPI, Ramdisk), there are no other options correct?

Lotharek disk emulation is about the same speed to load as a normal 5.25 disk drive ? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I was thinking to use it as a ramdisk (and to boot-up from here).
 
Should the Horizon Ramdisk 3000 (with Rambo) be good to work with as ramdisk the Geneve
and to boot from here? 
 
(I am searching for a faster way to boot-up, I thought TIPI, Ramdisk), there are no other options correct?
Lotharek disk emulation is about the same speed to load as a normal 5.25 disk drive ? 
 
Horizon ramdisk is your only option now
The TIPI may be able to boot with new ROMs. Testing ensues

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Lotharek will be the same speed as a normal 5.25" drive.  HOWEVER, there is a way to speed floppy boot speed with either a floppy drive or Lotharek drive if you have a double density disk controller.

 

If you have a double density disk controller, you can use HyperCopy by Mike Dodd to format the disk as DS/DD, 18 sectors per track, Interlace 1, skew 3.  That way, you can load 18 sectors per revolution of the disk that is turning at 300 rpm.  Just divide file size by 18, then take that number, divide it by 300 and multiple it by 60 and it will tell you your best load time.  This is only for a Bootdisk.  Once booted, you would want to use a normal formatted disk.  In "raw" mode, the Geneve is fast enough to process all the data.  Once you get the overhead of MDOS, things slow down a bit.


Beery

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, arcadeshopper said:

Horizon ramdisk is your only option now
The TIPI may be able to boot with new ROMs. Testing ensues

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
 

 

Sorry, this is getting off topic, but what is required to boot a Geneve off an HRD?  Does the HRD require the phoenix mod? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe any Horizon Ramdisk up to the 3000 series will boot MDOS.  You need the program FORM3MEG and run it under MDOS.  It will setup the HRD as a Ramdisk and load SYSTEM/SYS to the Ramdisk if requested.  The other TI ROS/CFG programs of the past install a DSR which is not compatible with the Geneve for general use.  The Geneve boot eprom has a pretty simple routine that as I recall, tests for a flag on the HRD and then tries to boot if the flag is active.  After the Geneve boots, the Geneve's master DSR takes over and uses the HRD as long as FORM3MEG has been used to setup the ramdisk, and the AUTOEXEC file has the appropriate use of the REMAP command.

 

Beery

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, globeron said:

There is another ROM (Geneve 1.00 sticker on the Eprom). 

during startup "Boot Bios 1.0  non-GenMod version"

which can boot from the menu (spacebar) from SCSCI, RamDisk.

(I have also a corcomp ramdisk, but no power supply so all disappears and have not found yet how to put 

files on it in a Geneve9640 setup as drives are not recognised (only a: is okay)

 

Sorry what is PFM?

 

I also was wondering is it possible to have a startup disk

which loads an image first and shows the SWAN, before going through the MDOS prompt?

 

The 1.00 EPROM is also contained in MAME, to be used by the option "-bios 1.00" (cf. default "-bios 0.98")

 

The PFM(+) is a boot EPROM replacement by Cecure, consisting of a flash ROM. This makes it easy to create customized boot programs, but it requires some work on the Geneve hardware, I believe. I think Tim knows more about that; some time ago I also added that to the MAME Geneve emulation.

 

I think I did not understand your last question at multiple points: What do you mean by image (picture?), why load it and then show the swan? What do you mean by going through the MDOS prompt? This is where you end up at last, after the boot process, when GeneveOS/MDOS has been loaded. Or do you think of something different by "MDOS prompt"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mizapf said:

 

The 1.00 EPROM is also contained in MAME, to be used by the option "-bios 1.00" (cf. default "-bios 0.98")

 

The PFM(+) is a boot EPROM replacement by Cecure, consisting of a flash ROM. This makes it easy to create customized boot programs, but it requires some work on the Geneve hardware, I believe. I think Tim knows more about that; some time ago I also added that to the MAME Geneve emulation.

 

I think I did not understand your last question at multiple points: What do you mean by image (picture?), why load it and then show the swan? What do you mean by going through the MDOS prompt? This is where you end up at last, after the boot process, when GeneveOS/MDOS has been loaded. Or do you think of something different by "MDOS prompt"?

 

Thanks for the MAME bios instructions, I did not realise that is possible to select different bios!

 

For the real Geneve9640, I just like to see the picture of the SWAN when starting it (more appealing for my kid to see it), but the bios is not 0.98 anymore (with the Swan in it), but bios 1.00

 

So I was thinking I make a screenshot of the SWAN of  your version (and convert it to a format Geneve can read) and put it on the boot-disk and try to change the graphic mode and load the SWAN from autoexec.

then when Geneve loads the system of the disk to show first the SWAN image, until someone presses a key, then it goes to the MDOS prompt  (blue screen with a:\)

 

 

Is it possible to extract the SWAN image out of the bios file to keep the same quality of the SWAN image on the Geneve9640 ?

 

(I used a screenshot tool/Screenhunter, then I used @Tursi converter- http://www.harmlesslion.com/cgi-bin/onesoft.cgi?2

 

 

SWAN.TIACSWAN.TIAP

2124997005_SCR2583May_2407_17.thumb.jpg.74c4a2c0d8001c4a495d32e7bda76bf2.jpg831770764_SCR2584May_2407_20.thumb.jpg.f4c54bcf27a45f60f8bf12c180dd2036.jpg

 

Edited by globeron
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BeeryMiller said:

I believe any Horizon Ramdisk up to the 3000 series will boot MDOS.  You need the program FORM3MEG and run it under MDOS.  It will setup the HRD as a Ramdisk and load SYSTEM/SYS to the Ramdisk if requested.  The other TI ROS/CFG programs of the past install a DSR which is not compatible with the Geneve for general use.  The Geneve boot eprom has a pretty simple routine that as I recall, tests for a flag on the HRD and then tries to boot if the flag is active.  After the Geneve boots, the Geneve's master DSR takes over and uses the HRD as long as FORM3MEG has been used to setup the ramdisk, and the AUTOEXEC file has the appropriate use of the REMAP command.

 

Beery

 

There is also some sector editing that has to be done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, globeron said:

 

Thanks for the MAME bios instructions, I did not realise that is possible to select different bios!

 

For the real Geneve9640, I just like to see the picture of the SWAN when starting it (more appealing for my kid to see it), but the bios is not 0.98 anymore (with the Swan in it), but bios 1.00

 

So I was thinking I make a screenshot of the SWAN of  your version (and convert it to a format Geneve can read) and put it on the boot-disk and try to change the graphic mode and load the SWAN from autoexec.

then when Geneve loads the system of the disk to show first the SWAN image, until someone presses a key, then it goes to the MDOS prompt  (blue screen with a:\)

 

 

Is it possible to extract the SWAN image out of the bios file to keep the same quality of the SWAN image on the Geneve9640 ?

 

(I used a screenshot tool/Screenhunter, then I used @Tursi converter- http://www.harmlesslion.com/cgi-bin/onesoft.cgi?2

 

 

SWAN.TIAC 6.13 kB · 0 downloads SWAN.TIAP 6.13 kB · 0 downloads

2124997005_SCR2583May_2407_17.thumb.jpg.74c4a2c0d8001c4a495d32e7bda76bf2.jpg831770764_SCR2584May_2407_20.thumb.jpg.f4c54bcf27a45f60f8bf12c180dd2036.jpg

 

There was a MDOS program written back in the late 80's or early 90's that displays the Swan from the Swan eprom, same resolution.  I just searched for it on my BBS and it did not come up.  I'm sure someone has it if they read this area.


Beery

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matt,

 

I've got two documents from your Wiki I am not sure if they are in conflict with one another, or if it is a difference between information returned to Basic versus an assembly interface.

 

In your PI.TCP document, your code example for Program Line code 30, I read it to indicate Handle=0, no connection, if Handle = 1 to 254, that is a port that has been opened, and if Handle = 255, there is a problem with the bound port.

 

Now, when I look at the Extension TCP for command 0x05 bind, it returns a 255 if binding is successful or 0 if it fails.

 

Is there something I am overlooking or there an update needed somewhere?  

 

Beery

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BeeryMiller said:

Matt,

 

I've got two documents from your Wiki I am not sure if they are in conflict with one another, or if it is a difference between information returned to Basic versus an assembly interface.

 

In your PI.TCP document, your code example for Program Line code 30, I read it to indicate Handle=0, no connection, if Handle = 1 to 254, that is a port that has been opened, and if Handle = 255, there is a problem with the bound port.

 

Now, when I look at the Extension TCP for command 0x05 bind, it returns a 255 if binding is successful or 0 if it fails.

 

Is there something I am overlooking or there an update needed somewhere?  

 

Beery

 

 

You are comparing the bind operation with the accept operation. They are 2 different steps.   in PI.TCP, bind happens on a TI BASIC OPEN statement. and accept happens in a TI BASIC INPUT from the file number that was the OPEN/bind.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jedimatt42 said:

 

You are comparing the bind operation with the accept operation. They are 2 different steps.   in PI.TCP, bind happens on a TI BASIC OPEN statement. and accept happens in a TI BASIC INPUT from the file number that was the OPEN/bind.

 

 

 

OK, now that makes sense. 

 

So, I went back to look at the Extension TCP notes on the Accept command.  Looks like the Accept command was updated following my printout.  

 

Now, I know where to focus my coding.

 

Beery

Edited by BeeryMiller
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BeeryMiller said:

... Accept command was updated following my printout.  

...

 

Yep, TIPI is more of a project than a product. I try to keep the docs up to date, but they too lag behind the source, depending on my mood.

 

There have been 2, almost 3 ROM updates and 1 CPLD update, all optional for 95% of the user base. But around 100 PI side software releases since the hardware assembly was put up for sale. 

 

It is a system designed for change. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jedimatt42 said:

 

Yep, TIPI is more of a project than a product. I try to keep the docs up to date, but they too lag behind the source, depending on my mood.

 

There have been 2, almost 3 ROM updates and 1 CPLD update, all optional for 95% of the user base. But around 100 PI side software releases since the hardware assembly was put up for sale. 

 

It is a system designed for change. 

 

Quick question. Does a compatible battery-backed SRAM chip exist that could replace the DSR EPROM chip? That way it could be more easy to replace the DSR contents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jedimatt42 said:

 

Yep, TIPI is more of a project than a product. I try to keep the docs up to date, but they too lag behind the source, depending on my mood.

 

There have been 2, almost 3 ROM updates and 1 CPLD update, all optional for 95% of the user base. But around 100 PI side software releases since the hardware assembly was put up for sale. 

 

It is a system designed for change. 

 

And I know I appreciate you being receptive to changes in the project and frequent questions and posts.  I believe my testing of the latest codebase for the BBS program looks like it is now working.  It's been a bit of a longer road than I originally anticipated.

 

Beery

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Quick question. Does a compatible battery-backed SRAM chip exist that could replace the DSR EPROM chip? That way it could be more easy to replace the DSR contents.
A flash ROM likely does but you still have to program it out side of the TI..

this is really a solution looking for a problem because there's only been one DSR update so far in what two three years? There probably will be another one once this geneve testing is done and that's pretty much it most of the updates are done in software which is updated automatically from tipiconfig

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

A flash ROM likely does but you still have to program it out side of the TI..

this is really a solution looking for a problem because there's only been one DSR update so far in what two three years? There probably will be another one once this geneve testing is done and that's pretty much it most of the updates are done in software which is updated automatically from tipiconfig

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
 

 

100% of the 5% that needed the TIPI ROM updates have been for the Geneve. 0% of the TIPI ROM updates have been needed for the 4A.

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[email protected] - Could you double-check this for me, please?  We might be up to 6%.  

 

In level2.a99, [getl2resp], there is the following code:

    CLR    R0
    MOVB    @L2STAT,@R0LB(R10)
    CI    R0,SUCCESS
    JEQ    l2suc

 

I am not finding  TIPI DSR code that sets R10 upon entry of the level 2 IO subroutines.   I added  "LI R10,>83E0" to my DSRLNK code just prior to the BL *R9 (to enter the ROM) and it seems to have fixed the hard crashes I have been experiencing while using level 2 from within the XB environment. 

 

Secondly, I seem to have sporadic luck with setpath >17 and direct input >14.  Sometimes the log reports that my path has an extra period and other times the path is what I requested.  And when I try to read the file parameters, the log will  often report "file not found".  The only way I have found to get back to a point where tipi can find the file is to execute a powerup.  Here's an example where the first time through it fails then after a powerup it succeeds.  Appreciate any insight you might be able to offer. 

 

2020-05-25 14:05:37,185 TipiService : INFO     Request completed.

2020-05-25 14:06:12,650 LevelTwo    : INFO     set path request
2020-05-25 14:06:12,653 LevelTwo    : INFO     unit: 0, path: TIPI.DSK5.
2020-05-25 14:06:12,655 LevelTwo    : INFO     direct input
2020-05-25 14:06:12,658 LevelTwo    : INFO     unit: 0, blocks: 0, filename: DM2K, startblock 0
2020-05-25 14:06:12,659 LevelTwo    : ERROR    file doesn't exist
 

image.png.5323da41e119102158305ec3136445d7.png

 

After powerup, no error: 

2020-05-25 14:14:28,498 TipiService : INFO     Request completed.
2020-05-25 14:14:42,848 LevelTwo    : INFO     set path request
2020-05-25 14:14:42,852 LevelTwo    : INFO     unit: 0, path: TIPI.DSK5.
2020-05-25 14:14:42,855 LevelTwo    : INFO     direct input
2020-05-25 14:14:42,861 LevelTwo    : INFO     unit: 0, blocks: 0, filename: DM2K, startblock 0

 

After typing this post I set >17 to a nonexistent path (TIPI.DSK6.) then back to TIPI.DSK5.  The log reports the file doesn't exist in both cases.

 

2020-05-25 14:27:44,294 LevelTwo    : INFO     unit: 0, path: TIPI.DSK6.
2020-05-25 14:27:44,296 LevelTwo    : INFO     direct input
2020-05-25 14:27:44,299 LevelTwo    : INFO     unit: 0, blocks: 0, filename: DM2K, startblock 0
2020-05-25 14:27:44,301 LevelTwo    : ERROR    file doesn't exist
2020-05-25 14:27:46,744 LevelTwo    : INFO     set path request
2020-05-25 14:27:46,748 LevelTwo    : INFO     unit: 0, path: TIPI.DSK5.
2020-05-25 14:27:46,752 LevelTwo    : INFO     direct input
2020-05-25 14:27:46,757 LevelTwo    : INFO     unit: 0, blocks: 0, filename: DM2K, startblock 0
2020-05-25 14:27:46,759 LevelTwo    : ERROR    file doesn't exist
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...