IGNORED

Factory Sealed?

I ran across this ended auction on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1978-Mattel-Intellivision-Console-Arcade-Game-System-FACTORY-SEALED-/113689521723?_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l44720&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

I thought interesting, $815.00. I looked at the pics and to my not so eagle eye, I can see it is not factory sealed. It's a plastic bag with dried out scotch tape on it (I'll sell anyone here one of my 2 for just $500.00). The power cord is not wrapped correctly and has a red wire tie from a bread bag.

Could the serial number 333227 be that desirable? Even if it were a true factory sealed system does anyone know why it would demand such a high price? I'm a little baffled (which is not hard to do).

All the bids are private (I'm not sure what that means either).

Anyway comments and input would be nice.

Thanks,

Yah I don't get that at all. Even if it is sealed, while these are rare, they're not impossible to find. I have somewhere in the 5-10 range of sealed systems across different versions. The "Never seen one before" and "Is this the last one" is BS. There were a couple of "private auctions" like that which screams shill bid to me. I backed off of a couple of auctions for that reason.

It's possible that the bag is original. Not sure how the consoles were wrapped, but some of the peripherals came with big bubble wrap taped around them. They don't have styrofoam protectors though. And I have a "sealed" NES that came with an open bag, so maybe?

The cords should probably be taped or tucked into something though. I don't remember unboxing anything at the office with twist ties on it.