IGNORED

Replacement for 810?

21 hours ago, Josh156 said:

Hi,

pulled the Atari 800/810 out after 30years.  Both worked.  But after a day the power brick for the 810 didn’t work.  Bought new one.  Disk drive powers on but now it won’t boot anything up.  I hear a quick spin I think, a snort and then just doesn’t do anything.  

assuming it’s either the need to clean mentioned below OR before the power brick stopped working g it shorted out something in the drive.  Any recommendations on troubleshooting ?

Older versions of the 810 came with a power board that was prone to failure, Atari made a newer version that also split off some circuitry into a separate analog R/W board that installs on top of the 810 mechanism.

If your 810 doesn't have a PCB installed on the top of the mechanism you have the older version which has probably failed, and that blew the fuse in the power supply. If this is the case you should replace the original single power supply board with the newer power supply/analog boards combination. Information about the replacement below is copied from Best Electronics website.

Atari Engineering Grass Valley 810 Analog Rear board upgrade set.  New Rear 810 Analog Rear Power board, New Top Analog R/W board, New 10 Pin Jumper cable, Installation Instructions Upgrades / Replaces the older Atari 810's with Single Power board that 100% Fails.  CB101128 $79.95
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Josh156 said:

Hi,

pulled the Atari 800/810 out after 30years.  Both worked.  But after a day the power brick for the 810 didn’t work.  Bought new one.  Disk drive powers on but now it won’t boot anything up.  I hear a quick spin I think, a snort and then just doesn’t do anything.  

assuming it’s either the need to clean mentioned below OR before the power brick stopped working g it shorted out something in the drive.  Any recommendations on troubleshooting ?

Hi Josh,

I'd try cleaning and lubricating the drive rails first.

• Thanks 1