IGNORED

new dungeon crawler for NES - Candelabra: Estoscerro

Candelabra: Estoscerro by Slydog Studios is 100% complete, and this Kickstarter campaign ends in just 3 days..!

Check it out:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1545426105/candelabra-estoscerro-a-new-game-for-the-nes/

You can here the full soundtrack here (open in youtube if you want to skip around in the playlist):

Here also is a short video review:

If a dungeon crawler isn't your cup of tea, check out Rob's other games here (full versions for free):

https://slydogstudios.org/

Edited by Memblers

I played a little of this at Midwest Gaming Classic. It's a bit of a trick to train your mind to do the defending with one hand and the attack in the other. As I was in a combat session thinking I was botching my attacks, I was in fact, as the person there told me, "defending like a boss".

I didn't play enough of it to get a good taste for the game. It looked neat and I can't recall a game similar to it on NES. The control scheme keeps you more active in the game, requiring hand/eye coordination to attack and defend instead of waiting for a turn.

I do have one question: would this game be compatible on a modded NES or SNES Classic?

I talked to Rob (the developer) and it sounds like it should work on the NES and SNES classic. When you beat a boss, it will ask if you want to save, you will need to select no. It uses flash memory for saving, so if it's not emulated then mostly likely nothing will happen (but maybe it could lock up, so better to select no). I have an NES classic but haven't tried modding it yet. If it's running FCEUX, then that does support flash saving.

• 1 year later...