Jump to content
rj1307

"AgaCart" my version of the Atari Lynx SD cartridge

Recommended Posts

@FiveJay, I added you to the list, but I also think something is wrong with the cartridge socket. Are the original cartridges working well?

 

As of today, the following countries are served by the Polish carrier: Belgium, Belarus, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, Lithuania, Latvia, Germany, Romania, Slovakia, Ukraine, Hungary.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, karri said:

You could also check if you have a bent pin in the Lynx cart slot. I had similar problems with several carts after one cart damaged a pin. Straightening it with a tiny screwdriver fixed it.

I looked inside and they all look straight. However, I should also note this behavior is happening on 2 different Lynxes! Both a Lynx II because I got the model with the cover so it won’t fit in my model 1 (if it didn’t then I’d have 3 Lynxes to test)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rj1307 said:

@FiveJay, I added you to the list, but I also think something is wrong with the cartridge socket. Are the original cartridges working well?

 

As of today, the following countries are served by the Polish carrier: Belgium, Belarus, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, Lithuania, Latvia, Germany, Romania, Slovakia, Ukraine, Hungary.

 

I should also note this behavior is happening on 2 different Lynxes! Both a Lynx II because I got the model with the cover so it won’t fit in my model 1 (if it didn’t then I’d have 3 Lynxes to test). Both Lynxes play my game cards just fine (just got a personal high score in Roadblasters last night!) so I can’t imagine it’s a pins issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I updated the list.
A few posts above I mentioned the countries to which it is possible to send, if anyone willing lives in the country listed there, please write me a message.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2020 at 7:05 PM, rj1307 said:

@FiveJay, I added you to the list, but I also think something is wrong with the cartridge socket. Are the original cartridges working well?

 

As of today, the following countries are served by the Polish carrier: Belgium, Belarus, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, Lithuania, Latvia, Germany, Romania, Slovakia, Ukraine, Hungary.

 

I would love to be able to offer the services of my ex girlfriends god brother but I think I'm pushing it as it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, could you please add me to the list. I live in the UK but also have family in Poland so domestic postage in Poland is fine. Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Software update, downloadable from the attachment.

 

Changes in v4 version:
- improved support for newer SD cards
- double the speed of loading files
- improved button operation
- shortening the waiting time for programming after choosing a game

 

Changes in v5 version:
- increased number of supported files to 299, selecting a file above 199 extinguishes "1" and lights the upper segment at the position of hundreds of display. After this update you will need to re-program "speed dial" because the addresses in the memory will change.

 

To update the software, you need to burn the agacart.bin file to the SD card (the card does not have to be empty). After turning on the console, the letter "P" will flash several times and go out, then turn off the console and delete the file from the SD card.
If there is a problem with the update and there is no letter "P", use a different (older) SD card, or try another way - turn off the console and immediately turn it on again.

AgaCart.zip

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, rj1307 said:

Software update, downloadable from the attachment.

 

This is a great piece of tech. Thanks for the update.🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2020 at 1:39 AM, rj1307 said:

Software update, downloadable from the attachment.

 

Changes in v4 version:
- improved support for newer SD cards
- double the speed of loading files
- improved button operation
- shortening the waiting time for programming after choosing a game

 

Changes in v5 version:
- increased number of supported files to 299, selecting a file above 199 extinguishes "1" and lights the upper segment at the position of hundreds of display. After this update you will need to re-program "speed dial" because the addresses in the memory will change.

 

To update the software, you need to burn the agacart.bin file to the SD card (the card does not have to be empty). After turning on the console, the letter "P" will flash several times and go out, then turn off the console and delete the file from the SD card.
If there is a problem with the update and there is no letter "P", use a different (older) SD card, or try another way - turn off the console and immediately turn it on again.

AgaCart.zip 15.67 kB · 9 downloads

Thanks Rafel, can't wait to try it out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2020 at 5:39 PM, rj1307 said:

Software update, downloadable from the attachment.

 

Changes in v4 version:
- improved support for newer SD cards
- double the speed of loading files
- improved button operation
- shortening the waiting time for programming after choosing a game

 

Changes in v5 version:
- increased number of supported files to 299, selecting a file above 199 extinguishes "1" and lights the upper segment at the position of hundreds of display. After this update you will need to re-program "speed dial" because the addresses in the memory will change.

 

To update the software, you need to burn the agacart.bin file to the SD card (the card does not have to be empty). After turning on the console, the letter "P" will flash several times and go out, then turn off the console and delete the file from the SD card.
If there is a problem with the update and there is no letter "P", use a different (older) SD card, or try another way - turn off the console and immediately turn it on again.

AgaCart.zip 15.67 kB · 34 downloads

I used the V5 version, hadn't updated before at all, I hope that is okay. It didn't work with the included SD card. It also didn't work with the first non-HC card. With the second 2GB non-HC card I'm getting 'P' then 'EE', wat does that mean? How do I check the current firmware version?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EE is OK after the upgrade is complete, just AgaCart went to execute the program and did not find the game files. You have recorded the agacart.bin file as the only one on an SD card or with files that are not compatible with Lynx.
The program version will not show, I have not programmed such a function. But you should experience faster uploads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rj1307 said:

EE is OK after the upgrade is complete, just AgaCart went to execute the program and did not find the game files. You have recorded the agacart.bin file as the only one on an SD card or with files that are not compatible with Lynx.
The program version will not show, I have not programmed such a function. But you should experience faster uploads.

Thanks! That is good to know. What threw me off was that the description mentions the Lynx turning off after the update and the update file being deleted, but that didn't happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, you must delete the file from the card yourself after successfully updating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rj1307 said:

No, you must delete the file from the card yourself after successfully updating.

Ah, then Atari Gamer got it wrong: "Once updated the Lynx should turn off, if it doesn't then turn it off and back on again. The agacart.bin file should have been deleted from the SD card upon a successful update."

EDIT:I was just thinking, does it start loading the game from SD while you are selecting the number, or does that start when the display shows 'P'? If possible that might shave off a second or more off the loading time.

Edited by Lamer Deluxe tm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lamer Deluxe tm said:

Ah, then Atari Gamer got it wrong: "Once updated the Lynx should turn off, if it doesn't then turn it off and back on again. The agacart.bin file should have been deleted from the SD card upon a successful update."

EDIT:I was just thinking, does it start loading the game from SD while you are selecting the number, or does that start when the display shows 'P'? If possible that might shave off a second or more off the loading time.

 

normal behaviour is "INSERT GAME" screen, then you hit button to select slot, after this the flashing P happens which is the file loading and then it boots.

 

someone correct me if wrong but that's how i remember it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, power said:

 

normal behaviour is "INSERT GAME" screen, then you hit button to select slot, after this the flashing P happens which is the file loading and then it boots.

 

someone correct me if wrong but that's how i remember it.

We're talking about the firmware update procedure. Put the agacart.bin file in the root of the sd card (you might have to use an older type card, like Atari Gamer mentions, this was the case for me as well). Then it shows 'P' while it is updating. After that, Atari Gamer says, the Lynx should turn off and agacart.bin will haven been deleted, both these statements turn out to be incorrect.

 

Loading is a lot faster now, which is great. I really appreciate the extra game capacity as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lamer Deluxe tm said:

We're talking about the firmware update procedure. Put the agacart.bin file in the root of the sd card (you might have to use an older type card, like Atari Gamer mentions, this was the case for me as well). Then it shows 'P' while it is updating. After that, Atari Gamer says, the Lynx should turn off and agacart.bin will haven been deleted, both these statements turn out to be incorrect.

 

Loading is a lot faster now, which is great. I really appreciate the extra game capacity as well.

 

ah righto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn’t think the Agacart could get any better but it just did! Thanks for this update, my lynx has seen a lot of action since the lockdown and the Agacart is working flawlessly. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank for the update to AgaCart.

 

As the isolation continues I want to share a version especially created for the AgaCart.

 

You can play the game as it is and grind through every level.

 

Or you can play the tutorial mission fast without killing anyone to receive Godlike powers for the rest of the game.

 

If you manage to get the powers you can choose any mission in the game. During gameplay you can also press Opt 1 to cycle between powersups.

 

Nothing - normal play

007 - invulnerable, you dodge bullets

077 - unlimited resources, just blast away + invulnerable

777 - stealth, invisibility + unlimited resources + invulnerable

 

178.lyx

 

And here is also two puzzle games in case killing is not your thing.

 

177.lyx 176.lyx

 

Oh, stay safe and wash your hands. Here is also a small hand washing tutorial to the tune of Mozart.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Lamer Deluxe tm said:

was just thinking, does it start loading the game from SD while you are selecting the number, or does that start when the display shows 'P'? If possible that might shave off a second or more off the loading time.

It starts programming when "P" appears. The waiting time from pressing the button to starting programming is 1.5s, in earlier versions it was 2.5s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...