IGNORED

playcable LTO flash case

rietveld

HI. I am 3d printing a copy of the playcable case to use as a decorative cover with the LTO flash. The case slips over the flash cart and looks like you have a playcable instead. I am willing to print these cases for just the cost of material and paint if there is enough interest. I want to create a playcable style label for the top. Any suggestions for what it should say? 'Playcable Flash'?

I wonder if anyone can mod the flash menu to look more like the Playcable? I am not trying to make a clone. Just wasnt to pay homage to this piece of history

Edited by rietveld
  • Like 1

Np. I did my first print. Looks pretty good. There is actually enough room to house the Speech synthesizer and LTO. That would clean up the look of the system since everything is a uniform dimension with the exception of the Speech synthesizer

Still hoping someone will jump on board to mod the LTO menu to more closely mimic the playcable

I hope to have some pics up in before the end of the week. I need to lightly sand then paint it

Still looking for suggestions for a label. I want to to closely resemble the playcable badge but not make it a blatant copy. After all this is meant to look like the Playcable but not replace it.

Why not go full retro on the label? You can. Combine it with LTO and call it "LTOPlayCable". Just ask Joe if he's ok with using the name. Combine both fonts as they were originally and make that the new label/name.

Much like Retroflag is doing with all these cool Raspberry Pi cases...

http://retroflag.com

Nothing wrong with doing that. A lot of folks would rather that then kinda beating around the bush with a half retro look.

Just my thoughts, but they're based on me being a member on many retrogaming forums.

JR.