IGNORED

How Do I Change the Language of a 3DS Game?

Hi everyone, I just got a used copy of Pokemon: Alpha Sapphire for the Nintendo 3DS and when I launch the game it's in Spanish. Thing is, everything in the game is in English (box, cart, manuals, AR cards and so on.) In fact, the cartridge is for US 3DS consoles and mine's from over there. I assume I need to delete the save that's in there and maybe I get the option to select a language from withing the game? Or maybe the game's in Spanish and I'm stuck with it until I'm done with it? I have no idea, so if anyone knows the answer to this question, I'd really appreciate it since it would save me a ton of time. Thanks!

Still seems strange to me. Some games are set into language by the BIOS, whatever you have that language set to. I suppose someone could have started a game in another language, and despite being on an english bios setup, it will continue as it was created. Some games have it buried in the menu to change it.

You know if an answer is what you really seek quicky, why not just called 800-255-3700 as that should still be the old NIntendo toll free number to their offices and they'd be able to say.

It looks like you'll get a chance to set language if you reset the game -- or delete the save as you suggest.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/792673-pokemon-omega-ruby/74076291

I deleted the save data, restarted the game and I was giving the choice to choose language again. I knew there had to be a way to select languages since the cart was all in English. Thanks a lot for your suggestions!

It looks like you'll get a chance to set language if you reset the game -- or delete the save as you suggest.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/792673-pokemon-omega-ruby/74076291

I deleted the save data, restarted the game and I was giving the choice to choose language again. I knew there had to be a way to select languages since the cart was all in English. Thanks a lot for your suggestions!

• Like 2