IGNORED

What's Your Pipe Dream Games On The Jag.

Atariboy2600

2 hours ago, vrocko said:

I'd like to see Wipeout or a Wipeout clone on the Jaguar. Always liked the sci-fi racers and Wipeout would be great to have. Another space combat game like Battlesphere or Space War 2000 would be nice. The original Wing Commander for example. 

Well, if VladR ever comes back, we could get this awesome gem that was supposed to be better than Wipeout and Need 4 Speed (bottom image of course):

haha.thumb.png.69a3a1265ed387b729fb7e85881420c0.png

I'm sure he'll finish it for the Amiga though.  He's had such a great track record in the past for finishing everything he promises (and by everything, I mean absolutely nothing).

• Haha 5

On 7/27/2021 at 2:52 PM, Stephen said:

Well, if VladR ever comes back, we could get this awesome gem that was supposed to be better than Wipeout and Need 4 Speed (bottom image of course):

haha.thumb.png.69a3a1265ed387b729fb7e85881420c0.png

I'm sure he'll finish it for the Amiga though.  He's had such a great track record in the past for finishing everything he promises (and by everything, I mean absolutely nothing).

Yeah heard about him a bit. Started something earlier about it would be nice to see Stun Runner on the Jag after seeing his YouTube video. Then they told me about him and got into a discussion on his lack of finishing games but wanting money to invest more time and effort into developing them being at the point they are like in the video. The video is the one you've got up there. I'd be more inclined to give money to the programmers of Nitrous (formerly NotOutrun) and Asteroite (Metroid/Castlevania type game). Those at least look to be great games and are progressing along well. 

• Like 3

On 3/6/2020 at 11:26 PM, KidGameR186496 said:

Something like Out Zone by Toaplan would be pretty cool to see on the Jaguar...

3792_OutZone1.png

3793_OutZone2.png

3794_OutZone3.png

I agree. I love this game and it never got a console port. Not many people know about Outzone, it's very fun, had great graphics and a rocking soundtrack. I use to have the full size arcade cabinet...biggest mistake I ever did was sell it. I've looked for the cabinet again but never see it for sale.I see just the boards that sell for big $$$. 

Edited by SuperDork3000
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SuperDork3000 said:

I agree. I love this game and it never got a console port. Not many people know about Outzone, it's very fun, had great graphics and a rocking soundtrack. I use to have the full size arcade cabinet...biggest mistake I ever did was sell it. I've looked for the cabinet again but never see it for sale.I see just the boards that sell for big $$$. 

That might change in the future, knowing that a Switch port of Out Zone is in the works. But I agree, I love Out Zone! I managed to 1CC it several times in the past.

On 30 de mayo de 2020 at 5:56 AM, Lost Dragon said:

Streets Of Rage II

Gauntlet IV

Ecco The Dolphin 

Were the stand out Mega Drive tunes for myself, with soft spots for God's, Predator II, Alien III and a few others. 

Never found the Amiga soundtracks as stand out as those on the C64, either. 

Rob Hubbard went downhill when he moved to work with E. A,  i thought. 

Sensible Software said they had to reduce the speech samples down to Atari ST quality, for Mega Drive Megalomania. 

Capcom seemed to put quantity of speech over quality in Mega Drive Street Fighter II. 

I actually saw MD Predator II when my junior high school teacher brought it with his MD console to play and Tommy Lasorda Baseball with my classmates. As of date, he no longer teaches at schools since he's now a jubilant due to his advanced age but he was a great teacher.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A pipe dream because the source code probably doesn't exist, Space Lords:

Pipe dreams because, yeah, even with source code and legal permission from Sega that list of games granted to Atari would require a lot to make a polished Jaguar version.

http://gdri.smspower.org/wiki/index.php/Blog:Legal_Brief:_Atari_vs._Sega

Finally, in the theme of this thread, Incoming runs on a 2MB Matrox Mystique, so surely a Jaguar version is totally possible.

IMG_20210830_105934180.jpg

• Like 1