IGNORED

AEA-Soft MBATEXT/64

I received two Commodore 64 computers (donated). Neither one works (reportedly). I opened the boxes today to see if I could at least get symptoms to troubleshoot. inside one of the boxes is a long cartridge and google is turning up nothing. Any idea what the AEA-Soft MBATEXT/64 is and what it's used for? Is there software that comes with it (a program disk?).

Just curious. I preordered an Ultimate 64 - Elite to put in one of these dead C64 cases and will plug this cart in when that unit arrives (months away) but I have no idea what to expect.

When the time comes, I'll give it a shot. in the meantime, I purchase a cart to test these other 2 C64s to see if maybe one can't fix the other (chip swaps).

PS - Also, this cart has something to do with TTL and ASCII - seems the ham radio community was into them for being able to file share over UHF.

Edited by Sinphaltimus

Aea Mbatext is ametuer radio software:

https://www.radioexperimenter.us/rm-1984-08/aea-mbatext-software.html

And the hardware needed ( COMPUTER PATCH 1 - computer interface equipment for Morse, Baudot, ASCII, or AMTOR operation )

https://www.radioexperimenter.us/rm-1984-03/tm-1.html

Just note the links above are electronically scanned from paper documents from the 80's. They have not been proofread for bad characters left from the scan.

Edited by thetick1
  • Like 2