IGNORED

License transfer

Atariboy

Wanted to tie all my downloads to what I'm now using as my primary 360 system, so I initiated this through the Xbox 360 dashboard.

I figured it would be a simple process today unlike the last time I did this back around 2007. Back then, I annoyingly had to go into my download history and manually select to redownload each individual item to tie each license to the replacement system that MS sent me. Was a pain even back then, even though nothing actually is redownloaded as long as it's already on the HDD.

Anyways, it's prompting me to do the same stupid step, just weeks after I slowly had gone through my entire download history to redownload everything (And the list is a much longer list in 2019 than it was in 2007). While in hindsight I should've did this step first before redownloading all my past downloads in the past month, is there an easy way to tell the system to just attempt to redownload everything in the list?

Seems like this should be all automatic in 2019, with my content licenses transferred just by the act of initiating a license transfer.

Edited by Atariboy

I've done this process about a dozen times. Initially it was because I had multiple 360s and they kept breaking and I get sent new ones, later my MO was to transfer my licence to an older 360 and download the games to it, and then take it off line forever (My old 360s with no built in WiFi) and then transfer the licence again to another 360. The process is always the same and I agree it's a big pain in the ass a decade + after the fact! My download history is HUGE!!!

• Like 1

Darn, I was hoping there was a workaround.

It's especially annoying now since the OS apparently has gotten so bloated that it doesn't work so well doing this. It hangs and often freezes for 30 seconds all the time for me in my download history trying to queue stuff up. Makes an already tedious process an extremely annoying one, so I'm just doing 5 or 6 games at a time each time I fire the system up.

I'm glad the 360 OS otherwise seems to still perform well past that and a bug I doubt ever gets fixed that makes Xbox Originals and delisted games incorrectly show up with generic artwork in the My Games section.

I want to do what you said and start taking these offline in the future, but I still have a few more things left that I want to buy. Getting pretty darn close though and the recent backwards compatibility sale got me a few games closer to my goal. I bet even at full price, I'm under $100 away at this point if I ignore movies I want to grab on the video store that are in HD and not on Blu-Ray.

Edited by Atariboy

if I ignore movies I want to grab on the video store that are in HD and not on Blu-Ray.

I will say this, I seem to have issue playing the videos I've purchased after the fact that I've gone off-line with the 360. Even though I transfer the licence, and download the videos. I still get errors saying something is missing when I go to try and play them. Not sure what is up with that.

• Thanks 1