IGNORED

My Kryoflux Set Up

toddtmw

So. When I first got my Kryoflux board, I was too excited to wait and set it up and started dumping disks (These disks aren't getting any newer!!!!)

This is what I ended up with:

post-50483-0-82476800-1559332373_thumb.jpg

I posted this picture in another thread and someone made a comment about how the trail mix jar was doing a good job holding up the board.

Well, after almost 2 months of tweaking 3-D models, (I mean, I'm working on a lot of 3-D projects at once, and, you know, 3-D printers are SLOW...) I'm proud to show off what I have now.

post-50483-0-35947600-1559332519_thumb.jpg

A big improvement, I think!

• Like 9

Hi toddtmw

Thanks for sharing the Kryoflux case STL files.

What about the floppy drive case?
Are you willing to share them also?
In addition to that, do you have a picture of the back side of that floppy drive case?

Thanks in advance

Louis BQ

• Like 1

Hi. Sure. My preintre only does 145 mm ^3 so I had to cut it into 4 pieces. I had to print these vertically, at 45 degrees to fit them.

They are designed to use my as-yet-unreleased connectors to hold the pieces together, so I am not ready to post these to thingerverse. I am including the four pieces in a zip file and here is a link to the tinkercad design of the connectors. (If your printer can do a floppy casae size, just push them together on your slicer and you should be good. If not, you will need to play with the tinkercasd connectors to make sure it will print well on your printer.

Here is the link to my flat panel connector on tinkercad. Please do a test print of these components to ensure it will work and/or customize it to work with your printer.

https://www.tinkercad.com/embed/3NHdHqjtD8p

Drive Case.zip

Hi Todd or anyone, to save me a Gooigle seesion, what are the prices of these 3D printers, are they home wise via economically ie are supplies for them seriously expensive and what is say the printing time for that case.

I also presume its not pristine when finished so needs a sand down?

Thanks..

Hi. The printer I have is currently listed on amazon.com for less than $300

1Kg of filament runs around $20. With that, you can print 1Kg of stuff. So, if a widget weighs 10 grams when complete, its cost is about 20 cents.

There are different quality settings you can pick. Mostly around layer height and speed.

Slower prints with smaller layer heights are smoother, but take longer.

I usually print big things like the disk case at .3 mm which is fast mode compared to .1 mm, which is quality mode.

Even with fast mode, the results are pretty good. I do not sand my things after printing them. I didnt sand the cases for my floppy or Kryoflux. Not sure if you can zoom the picture enough to see the smoothness.

I try to design things so that they do not have parts that hang out over an empty space below. The printer prints from platform up one layer at a time and overhang doesnt work well. There are ways to have overhang better, but they are not perfect.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info Todd, appreciated....Perhaps an item for another day when prices drop a bit..Cost to usage would not meet up as yet....I guess my daughter would use filament like it was free (bank of Dad) while showing me her artistic talents..

Yup I know you can't and I'd bet that its a case of "you get what you pay for" mostly...

For me it would be a nice 'toy' to have with some use to make PCB covers but not enough to lay out that much in one hit..

I've already got to find 140UK to pay for a HD to be repaired (daughter board dead) after I accidentally used my one HD backup for a test emulation project...Typical.....Just my luck (and stupidity)

Times is hard ;) as they may have said in the early days..