IGNORED

Need Help Identifying Atari 800 Mods

Hey all. picked up an 800 today at a garage sale. I've never seen one modded quite like this one. Anyone have any ideas what the extra switches could be for? I haven't plugged it in yet as it doesn't have a power supply. Have to track my old one down. Anyway, thoughts anyone?1b8e0d225da3d01755f4f75e58f762e3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Re the quadruple posts, send a PM to "CPUWIZ" or "Albert" to clear it up. But often they are on it pretty quick...

Re the computer, you'll have to open it up to see where they go, then if you're still not sure it's much easier for the folks here to identify whats they do definitively if you take some pictures.

Some potential (common) 800 mods:

- Cartridge door interlock disable (keep computer on when door is open)

- Switch between 2 operating system ROMs, ie original and Omnimon

- switch to disable internal console speaker

Put here as this thread seems to be getting the most replies so might be read more..

I'd imagine the red button is a reset, the switches, shutting off ram expansions? Seems daft if so? More likely an OS rerplacemnt is mounted inside and that toggles it..Maybe a switch to disable a basic cart if inserted to stop needing to take it out?