IGNORED

Bug Fixed Gateway to Apshai?

Tempest

I played Gateway a lot - it was lacking in ways but IMO better than the later Temple Trilogy that I never really warmed to.

Alternate Reality games and a few others aside, we have a distinct lack of good dungeon crawler/roleplay games on the A8.

• Like 1

Ry, have you ever tried The Orb of Zarramier, it was written by one of our local Policemen BITD, got published by Futureware....Being that it was not my sort of thing I never played it past a few screens...If you played it, is it any good?

Got an odd feeling we may have spoken about it many many moons ago...

More edit: Seems to have a bug where it replicates your character when running on a US machine even if its a US version of the game....Happens a few screens in.....And its still not my sort of game :)

Starting to suspect there is no US version, just a badly named disk...My reason, Futureware was a tiny software house ran out of a bed room in Essex, I can't imagine now I think of it that they would have US vendor due to their size and finances..

Edited by Mclaneinc
up date..

6 hours ago, Mclaneinc said:

Hi Tempest,

Is it a programming bug or a protection / bad crack issue?

It's an actual bug in the game.  The maze generating seed has a bug in it for those two levels which causes it to hang (it never stops trying to generate the level).  See here: http://bringerp.free.fr/RE/Gta/utility.php5

BTW don't get this mixed up with the disk based Apshai games (Temple, Upper Reaches, etc.), this is the cartridge based Gateway to Apshai game.

Thanks for the info, I would doubt that the rom I posted will be any better, I would bet that 'good' means working in the most basic sense rather than it being a true fix for that in game coding error..

Was worth a try...If I ever see something I'll grab it for you...That is unless that mega coder Phaeron wants to have a peek at the code and see if he can patch it... :)

Sometimes he surprises us with things like a faster Star Raiders etc....Most likely he's up to his eyes in work tho :)

Edited by Mclaneinc

• 1 month later...