IGNORED

Stella Mac Fullscreen Colors

Karl G

I'm using Stella 6.0 on Mac OSX, and I've noticed that the colors in fullscreen mode are visibly different than in windowed mode.  When I took screenshots on both modes, the colors in the screenshots appear to be the same.  I suspect that it's a video driver issue rather than a Stella issue, but I'm wondering if anyone else has observed this.

Edited to add: This also is happening on Stella 4.73, so it's almost certainly an issue on the Mac side instead of Stella, as I've never observed this issue before.

7 hours ago, Karl G said:

I'm using Stella 6.0 on Mac OSX, and I've noticed that the colors in fullscreen mode are visibly different than in windowed mode.  When I took screenshots on both modes, the colors in the screenshots appear to be the same.  I suspect that it's a video driver issue rather than a Stella issue, but I'm wondering if anyone else has observed this.

Edited to add: This also is happening on Stella 4.73, so it's almost certainly an issue on the Mac side instead of Stella, as I've never observed this issue before.

Wild guess: could be an issue with slightly different gamma tables in fullscreen vs. windowed, particularly if your screenshots come out the same. You may want to take pictures with your phone for the bug report, esp. if the screenshots are otherwise identical.