IGNORED

Pro Golf --(16 K 2600 ASM) Completed

easmith

On 12/17/2019 at 9:09 PM, discotronic said:

I was lucky and was able to get all three of these. The boxed Pro Golf and the Augusta and Desert carts. This is an easy game to start playing but it is not at all easy to master. The split screen play is really nice. Overall I think these games are a gem for the 2600 community.

Thank you for creating these great games. I have the games on my Harmony cart but wanted to get the actual carts for my collection. Having the roms to play without dragging the actual carts out every time is awesome. 

Thanks !

There is one thing I wish I had done differently in hindsight, but it is something that can be adjusted for:

You cannot over-hit the target , since the max shot distance is set at your target.  So , chances are you will under-hit the target .

With this in mind , always set the target a bit beyond where you want to hit. With a little practice you can get a good feel for how to land the ball on the green very accurately . 

This is in manual , but also , if you are close to green , always set target in middle of green , since this way your shot can be a little off and still get ball on green for  a putt .

Also, if moving the target just a little changes club, select higher distance club ( lower number ) 

Edited by easmith
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
16 minutes ago, Pat Brady said:

I have the binaries in this thread (post #83 and #87, August and September 2019) and also the ones in the zip file of your games. The zip file binaries are different and have April 2020 timestamps. What's the difference?

In all 3 courses there was a graphical glitch where the shot strength bar gained an extra line of width on the far left edge of the screen if near full strength .  This was due to a misplaced WSYNC.  Not sure how I missed this, but it bugged me , so I fixed it for the .zip file versions. That is the only difference.

• Thanks 1