IGNORED

Colecovision HSC Season 12 - Round 24 - Pitstop

Colecovision-logo.jpg

HIGH SCORE CLUB

Round 24 Season 12 

Pitstop ScreenshotPitstop for Colecovision Box ArtPitstop Screenshot

Game Information

Game Name: Pitstop

Released by: Epyx 1983. CV: Coleco/CBS 1983.

Settings: 1 Driver : Semi-Pro : 9 Laps : Single Race : Le Mans

CV HSC High ScoreFirst time racing on the Le Mans course in the CV HSC.

Manual:  http://www.colecovisionzone.com/photos/game/manual/pitstop manual.pdf

Pitstop Bonus Points: Play the game & post a score= +3

Finish in 6:40-6:59= +2, Finish in 6:20-6:39= +3, Finish in 6:00-6:19= +4, Finish in 5:40-5:59= +5, Finish in 5:20-5:39= +7, Finish in 5:01-5:19= +10, Finish 5:00 & under= +12

Break or set a new CV HSC High Score= +10

Beat the Moderator Bonus. Finish better than: 5:31= +10

Round Ends: Tuesday July 16th at 12pm(PST) 3pm (EST)

Everyone who posts a score throughout the season will be entered into a drawing at seasons end for a special prize!

The same rules and scoring system that have been used the past few seasons will be in play this season as well.  Season 12 rules: http://atariage.com/...1-cv-hsc-rules/

our-vision.JPG

Good Luck!

Final Pitstop Times

1)5:02 Northcoastgamer  +3 +10 Record Setter :-o

2)5:03 Bmack36  +3 +10 +10

3)5:05 DuggerVideoGames  +3 +10 +10

4)5:22 ed1475  +3 +7 +10

5:22 Ikrananka  +3 +7 +10

5)5:24 digress  +3 +3

6)6:09 jblenkle  +3 +4

7)6:18 roadrunner  +3 +4

8)6:24 S.BAZ  +3 +3

9)6:58 Serguei2  +3 +2

Race Scoring

1st  - 100 points

2nd - 94

3rd - 88

4th - 82

5th - 76

6th - 70

7th - 64 

8th - 58

9th - 52

Round 23 Totals - Including Bonus Points

1){117} Bmack36

2){113} NCG

3){111} DuggerVideoGames

4){102} ed1475

{102} Ikrananka

5) {82}  digress

6) {77}  jblenkle

7) {71}  roadrunner

8)  {64}  S.BAZ

9) {57}  Serguei2

Season Standings - Up to the end of Round 24

1)2240 Bmack36

2)1837 DuggerVideoGames

3)1761 Ikrananka

4)1517 jblenkle

5)  969 Downland1983

6)  948 ed1475

7)  778 darthkur

8)   784 digress

9)  759 NCG 

10)  614 S.BAZ

11)  436 roadrunner

12)  339 sega_SHARK

13)    67 Serguei2

14)    55 bowlstir

15)    47 lawdawg710

16)    45 SpiceWare{

17)      Jeff31

pitstop-1983.rom

• Like 1

I seem to recall I suck at this game too...so what happens if we are unable to finish all nine laps? If our positioning is by time will you count the laps completed as the first criteria and then the time? So if one person were able to complete 7 laps in 8:00 and someone else completed 6 laps in 7:00, the 7 lap person would finish ahead of the 6 lap person even though the 6 lap person had a faster time?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, jblenkle said:

I seem to recall I suck at this game too...so what happens if we are unable to finish all nine laps? If our positioning is by time will you count the laps completed as the first criteria and then the time? So if one person were able to complete 7 laps in 8:00 and someone else completed 6 laps in 7:00, the 7 lap person would finish ahead of the 6 lap person even though the 6 lap person had a faster time?

It's not too difficult to finish all 9 laps. You have been pretty consistent thus far this season. I'm sure you'll do just fine.

14 minutes ago, jblenkle said:

I finished it with only two tries. You can do it!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DuggerVideoGames said:

Was anybody else curious to see what kind of time they'd get in a 3-lap race with no stops in the pit?  I tried it and got 1:35.

I just tried it and got 1:31.  My lap times are fairly consistent.  I usually end up wasting time in the pit stops.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, S.BAZ said:

I keep exploding...

don't see a damage counter but I guess this is caused from collision damage.

Watch the color of your tires.  They start out blue and change color with wear. Red tires will usually explode within 1 lap so make a pit stop to change them.  Also, overfilling the gas tank causes it to explode and you have to refuel again.

• Like 1

Yeah, I panicked for nothing. I finally finished it, just not very fast. I have a lot of trouble doing the pitstop. I go through too many tires and it took me awhile not to overfill my gas tank. The other cars are merciless too...always banging into me.

20 hours ago, Northcoastgamer said:

It's not too difficult to finish all 9 laps. You have been pretty consistent thus far this season. I'm sure you'll do just fine.

Pitting on lap 4 allows enough time to start the gasman, then change all four tires, stop the gasman and get out of the pits in under 20 seconds. Pitting on lap 3 is too early. You can start the gasman, but you'll only be able to change one side of tires before stopping the gasman , then changing the other two tires. Pitting on lap five is too late. You can start the gasman and change all four tires, but then you'll have to wait on the gasman to get enough fuel in the car to finish the race, costing precious seconds. Perhaps I can do a quick video.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Northcoastgamer said:

Pitting on lap 4 allows enough time to start the gasman, then change all four tires, stop the gasman and get out of the pits in under 20 seconds. Pitting on lap 3 is too early. You can start the gasman, but you'll only be able to change one side of tires before stopping the gasman , then changing the other two tires. Pitting on lap five is too late. You can start the gasman and change all four tires, but then you'll have to wait on the gasman to get enough fuel in the car to finish the race, costing precious seconds. Perhaps I can do a quick video.

Well, there's my problem.  No wonder I always took 40 seconds!  I thought we could only do one task at a time, so I never changed the tires until after my gasman was done.  Now I know to change the tires WHILE the gasman is pumping.