IGNORED

Canadian Intellivision Carnival in white box

BigDumer

30 minutes ago, Cellblock1138 said:

Unfortunately not sealed but hey, single digit price tag so not complaining. 

58441CA4-BF5C-4E3D-BBD3-3E1CE201AACF.jpeg

That's #10!  Nice find!  I thought the back of this one was interesting with the French cart label sticker placed there because the first one that was found also has this sticker on the back:
248933377_WhiteCarnival_01-Back-BigDumertradedtoCmart.thumb.jpg.a7ab88a5ed7a29a35cca1e79c8e493e3.jpg

It's probably a coincidence but does make me wonder if they put the French sticker on the back while they were boxing some of them. If we find a 3rd one then we can worry about it.

• 8 months later...

Haha, I saw that post with the BC Quest for Tires and didn't bother to look at the other items. Caught me slippin'!  Congrats on this, it's a beauty!  This is #11 on my official tracker.

Interestingly, @Cellblock1138 recently discovered #3 for sale and pointed me to the posting. I think I have a deal with the seller to have it shipped to me but no money has transferred hands just yet.  If I get this, I think that will mean that all 11 are in the hands of known Intellivision Collectors (though I don't officially know who has #9).

CORRECTION: We don't know who has #8 either.

40 minutes ago, BigDumer said:

Interestingly, @Cellblock1138 recently discovered #3 for sale and pointed me to the posting. I think I have a deal with the seller to have it shipped to me but no money has transferred hands just yet. 

Just transferred the $ for this so hopefully it will make its way safely to me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

Somewhat related, for a few seconds I thought I'd discovered something I suspect exists until I saw the word Atari. 

Yeah, I'd have a heart attack if I saw that! Like when I was looking for an Intellivision FC Popeye and kept finding the Atari 2600 version before noticing the differences.

Is the Atari DK one similarly hard to find?  Are there others besides DK for Atari 2600?

2 hours ago, BigDumer said:

Yeah, I'd have a heart attack if I saw that! Like when I was looking for an Intellivision FC Popeye and kept finding the Atari 2600 version before noticing the differences.

Is the Atari DK one similarly hard to find?  Are there others besides DK for Atari 2600?

I was pretty stoked thinking I'd finally found the Inty version. Lol. From what I understand these appear to be quite uncommon for Atari as well. I haven't done much homework on it yet. Don found a thread here on AA which I haven't read through yet. 

20 hours ago, Morpheus said:

lol

I didn’t forget the advice of @Atari_Bill the Sniper: always look to all listing’s pictures…

I didn’t forget the two LF he got for nothing in a meaningless lot…🤣🤣🤣

Congrats!  Nice pickup.  I saw that auction but don’t think I went through the pics to see it.

Here’s more advice….  You never know what can be misidentified.  Don’t restrict your searches to just Intellivision.  Just picked this up labeled as     ‘Vic 20’ game for $35.  😊

IMG_1573.thumb.jpeg.6ad427ac7ebfe4c7c7c65307190d385f.jpeg

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

Congrats!  Nice pickup.  I saw that auction but don’t think I went through the pics to see it.

Here’s more advice….  You never know what can be misidentified.  Don’t restrict your searches to just Intellivision.  Just picked this up labeled as     ‘Vic 20’ game for $35.  😊

😮

55 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

That is as nice a find as you can  actually find for that price. 

Congratulations!!!🎉🎆🎇🥳

7 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Did u buy it as fast as you could to realize afterward that was for Atari?

I would have done so for sure!!!🤣🤣🤣

That would be a bomb!!!

It was actually at a game store, so I had time to figure out what it was and it wasn't a panicked eBay BIN. Lol. I did buy it for $10 along with a nice FC DK for $15 and a FC CV game that I needed as well. It was a good day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atari_Bill said:

Fantastic find! Congrats as always. 👍🏻

On 8/28/2019 at 5:30 PM, mr_me said:

Anyone familiar with g.a.m.e.s. unlimited?  I couldn't find anything in canada but did find a local store in the US.  Could this cartridge have been sold in the US?

Sure.  That was a chain store of pool table and games back in the early 80s.  It is where we bought our console back in 1980 in downtown Winnipeg.  My box still has the price sticker.

One of my Coleco carts also has the tag from Consumers Distributing.  Which was another retail chain store back in the day.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, the latest (current owners, as far as I know, in bold). Please let me know if you want your AA name removed from this list.

1. BigDumer bought in a lot in Vancouver. Traded to Cmart604.

2. BigDumer spotted it on an old Facebook auction. Kamikazi26 tracked it down and bought from a pawn shop in Saskatchewan. Was then sold on IntellivisionCollector to Cellblock1138.

3. Kamikazi26 saw one on a maxsold auction in Toronto. In 2023, Cellblock1138 saw it on a FB Marketplace post from Ontario where BigDumer bought it.

4. Kamikazi26 got it in a lot. Presumably he still owns it because...look at it...it's sexy!

5. BBWW bought on an etsy auction.

6. Cmart604 found in the Vancouver region.
7. Cmart604 found it in the Intellivision section at a Vancouver-area video game store.

8. Cellblock1138 saw it on a maxsold auction from Victoria, BC, buyer is unknown.
9. Ebay seller hewheezey posted a sealed copy for sale in December 2022 that was sold to someone who already has one....

10. Cellblock1138 bought it from Facebook Marketplace in Ontario.

11. Morpheus got the deal of the month, buying this on ebay.

All_11_WhiteCarnivals.thumb.jpg.213335eb8aebaccce72b1696fd654f8b.jpg

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BigDumer said:

So, the latest (current owners, as far as I know, in bold). Please let me know if you want your AA name removed from this list.

2. BigDumer spotted it on an old Facebook auction. Kamikazi26 tracked it down and bought from a pawn shop in Saskatchewan. Was then sold on IntellivisionCollector to Cellblock1138.

3. Kamikazi26 saw one on a maxsold auction in Toronto. In 2023, Cellblock1138 saw it on a FB Marketplace post from Ontario where BigDumer bought it.

4. Kamikazi26 got it in a lot. Presumably he still owns it because...look at it...it's sexy!

7. Cmart604 found it in the Intellivision section at a Vancouver-area video game store.

8. Cellblock1138 saw it on a maxsold auction from Victoria, BC, buyer is unknown.
9. Ebay seller hewheezey posted a sealed copy for sale in December 2022 that was sold to someone who already has one....

Congratulations BigDumer for getting your white Carnival (again)!!!👍👍👍

Mine is probably flying over the Atlantic ocean in this very moment, I hope it will reach my house rapidly and safely!!!🤞🤞🤞

It was listed on ebay by a video game store in Airdrie, Alberta: https://www.snapcollectables.com

on Ebay they go with "snapcollectablescom"

Edited by Morpheus
Yo!
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, BigDumer said:

+1

(thank you Mik)

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 9/23/2023 at 11:27 PM, BigDumer said:

@BigDumer

for the record, here is the 12th copy:

20240104_155938.thumb.jpg.bef6140bf73abfb00ffb754d0afba412.jpg

found in a lot bought by MIK710_0 somewhere in Canada ages ago and given to me by the above mentioned gentleman recently.

• Like 3