IGNORED

Wanted: Common Atari 2600 and 7800 Cartridge Shells

Albert

Greetings!

I am looking for common Atari 2600 and 7800 cartridge shells, for recycling into new homebrew games.  I do plan on having new shells made soon (I'm really tired of having to recycle shells), but that's not going to happen before the end of the year.  Thus, I need to make sure I have plenty of shells to use for the new games being introduced at the upcoming Portland Retro Gaming Expo in October, as well as when I add these new games to the store in November. 

I'll give $1 in store credit for 2600 shells and $3 in store credit for 7800 shells, plus the cost of shipping to get them to me. 

Here are my requirements for the cartridges (please read!)

• For 2600 games, I can use any shells from Atari and Sears.  For the 7800, only first-party Atari shells.
  • For 7800 shells, please make sure BOTH PEGS at the bottom of the cartridge are present.  These break off fairly easily.
  • Cartridges MUST BE CLEAN.  Especially on the back of the shell, but on any of the textured surfaces.  It's very difficult removing dirt and stains from the textured surfaces of cartridges. 
  • Cartridges must be free of permanent markings.  Such as markers, etchings (I see this more than you'd think!), nail polish, and so forth.  Writing on the labels is fine, since those will be removed.
  • Cartridges must be free from defects.  No dog chew marks, no broken pieces, melted plastic, etc.  I've seen it all!

To make this worthwhile, you should have at least 20 carts to send in.  Shipping just makes these quite a bit more expensive for anything less than that.  USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate boxes (medium and large, and some other oddball sizes they have) work well for 40+ cartridges.  For larger amounts (100+), UPS Ground and/or FedEx Ground may be less expensive.

Please send me a PM if you can help out, thank you!

..Al

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/15/2019 at 11:19 AM, King_Salamon said:

I'll go through my carts and see what I have. 

Thank you!

On 11/15/2019 at 11:19 AM, King_Salamon said:

I sent you a PM a while back though.  Did you get a chance to read it?  It's not related to these carts but I thought I would ask.  lol

I just dug up the PM and responded.

..Al

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, sixersfan105 said:

Al, are 7890 shells similar to 7800 shells? ?

7800 shells are either the open ended shell without a dust shield.  The dust shielded ones are not like regular 2600 cart they are just on a spring and you can press it in with your finger. The other,and more common, style is the universal style cart without a dust shield at all.  It is the same cart Ataricorp used in the late release 2600 games.

4 minutes ago, atari181 said:

7800 shells are either the open ended shell without a dust shield.  The dust shielded ones are not like regular 2600 cart they are just on a spring and you can press it in with your finger. The other,and more common, style is the universal style cart without a dust shield at all.  It is the same cart Ataricorp used in the late release 2600 games.

Ha, I know about the different types of 7800 shells; I was just making fun of Al's typo!