IGNORED

Contact With Matt Singer

Is there any contact with Matt Singer who wrote Forem ST? I for one would like to set it up properly, I have the latest version, 2.3 and the docs, it is running my BBS I like it much better than BBS Express, I tried BBS Express and did not like it at all, I found Forem ST easier to set up, granted BBS Express has a lot of good features , but hey , I have to be the one who is different eh? and we certainly do not need another BBS Express board at the moment. Russ

7 minutes ago, rcamp48 said:

Is there any contact with Matt Singer who wrote Forem ST? I for one would like to set it up properly, I have the latest version, 2.3 and the docs, it is running my BBS I like it much better than BBS Express, I tried BBS Express and did not like it at all, I found Forem ST easier to set up, granted BBS Express has a lot of good features , but hey , I have to be the one who is different eh? and we certainly do not need another BBS Express board at the moment. Russ

Glad you're finally settling on a BBS program. I was beginning to wonder if a better name for your BBS is Spy "What is it?" Spy BBS. ;-)

It's nice seeing something different (FoReM ST) online. I hope it continues to work for you!

-JP

Edited by JohnPolka

You do have to go the extra mile with BBS Express ST to get the most out of it.

It's not hard to setup - but it will take time to customize it. That's why I'm such

a big fan of its scripting setup. With a little bit of study and practice, you are pretty

much limited only by your imagination as to what you can do.

I don't know if you've called my BBS or not, but just compare DarkForce to what a

BBS running BBS Express ST in bog standard mode "out of the box" looks like.

I think the more Atari BBS's the better (both 8bit and ST versions). I do tend to agree

that more and more of the "same" doesn't do us any good though. There should be

something that differentiates one BBS from another. If not, it's just going to get lost

in the crowd.

I've tried hard over the years to make DarkForce stand out. I'm fairly sure that when

someone calls, they feel like they've been somewhere unique.  :)

PS On a side note...one of the things that will make a BBS unforgettable or not is the

SysOps themselves. Their attitude, and approach to how they handle and deal with the

callers, can make a huge difference.  Jusy sayin'.

3 hours ago, DarkLord said:

It's not hard to setup - but it will take time to customize it. That's why I'm such

a big fan of its scripting setup. With a little bit of study and practice, you are pretty

I don't know if you've called my BBS or not, but just compare DarkForce to what a

I think the more Atari BBS's the better (both 8bit and ST versions). I do tend to agree

something that differentiates one BBS from another. If not, it's just going to get lost

in the crowd.

I've tried hard over the years to make DarkForce stand out. I'm fairly sure that when

PS On a side note...one of the things that will make a BBS unforgettable or not is the

SysOps themselves. Their attitude, and approach to how they handle and deal with the

I think he's back to running Forem ST.

21 hours ago, DarkLord said:

in the crowd.

Hey thats why I go out ofmy way to make it fun for the callers , and yes I have called your BBS , its cool...Myself I am very outgoing and friendly and I intend ti keep my BBS going as long as I can also putting 18 hours a day into its upkeep (from another computer to keep it running. Wish I had all of my old SPy Visits Spy data from the 80s.). Russ