IGNORED

Help! What did I buy? TCM Alternate Version

DubCheesy

Hi all,

I was wondering if I could ask for some assistance in identifying what I have.

I recently purchased this off of eBay.

I found a YouTube video of someone describing theirs; however, that one was a double ender and was from a set of 30.

This one looks to be two separate games and and from a set of 20. The LED does not turn on, but I’m guessing that’s a quick fix. I also have not tried to put them in the box yet.

I suppose my main questions are:

1. Is this a real repro (how meta)?

2. How many of these were ultimately made?

3. Probably built into the previous two questions, but were others released like this (stand-alone vs. double ender)?

4. It is not for sale, but what do you think a reasonable value would be on something like this? Trying to gauge how well/poorly I did.

Thank you in advance.

6777447E-9BDF-4E9D-9186-0796DD6EBFEE.jpeg

16A6EB67-488F-4E52-B86E-EC231084B0A1.jpeg

E1606EF7-2150-445E-A358-4EA7F684DF61.jpeg

0191FDB4-D26C-44FA-80D6-9D77135B2A42.jpeg

3372C918-D5C2-4501-AC27-61D557309ADB.jpeg

Edited by DubCheesy

Right! That’s all I can come up with, but that doesn’t seem to make sense.

It’s like the original owner bought the special edition and the double ender edition and then sold the cart to the first and the box to the latter - then had to go get a TCM repro.

It seems like more trouble to get this set up than I’m willing to believe (though possible).

Here is the eBay description for reference. Maybe I have the original owner to ask:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre Atari 2600 alternate collectors SUPER RARE!! . Condition is Good. Shipped with USPS First Class Package.I bought like this from a collector in Canada the games work the 2012 you need a bubble screen ? tv for some reason these are hard to find since there was 30 maded I know that it’s pose to have a double header cart but I tuke what I could get look at pics for condition smoke free 4/20 Ts signed I know the carts were maded by one of the just that maded this game so I know the older one is probably not the original I don’t know much about atari games just want this cus I collect TCM merch smoke free home shipped in box with bubble wrap and tracking
  • Confused 1