IGNORED

Box sizes

JaggingUK

Just picking up from another thread for someone complaining that the box size from some companies making new Jaguar games will not fit in his plastic protectors - and the fact that maybe the companies could ship the games with plastic protectors on them already (which would make them safer in transit and make them already have a plastic box protector)... I think it's a pretty good idea even if it cost a little extra on the price - I know I've had difficulty fitting some newer games into box protectors due to the box sizes being slightly oversized so maybe the option of a box protector at point of purchase might not be a bad idea for a $1 or $2... Just a thought.

My thoughts exactly. The WAVE 1 GAMES boxes will be the exact same size and dimensions as the commercial released games starting with Saucer Wars this September. (30-ish...)

I plan to do the other releases in this size as well but it will be a slow transition.

I have also already decided that with every new cart order will come with a plastic box protector already just as you suggested! This is an extra bonus for the customer and it avoids the need for any kind of shrink wrap to be applied.

Those plastic box protectors are only $1 each when you buy in bulk. I have already stock piled hundreds of them for this very purpose.

• Like 1

Think you're referring to me about Piko Jag game boxes haha. Your idea is a great one. Sounds like Piko was all about it and good to see Wave 1 is, too, and that Wave 1 will also be matching their boxes to regular Jaguar sizing moving forward shortly. 

I don't necessarily agree that if box protectors are supplied with purchases that shrink wrap becomes redundant, as there are LOTS of collectors that put box protectors on sealed games. I'm more in the camp of acquiring games that are already opened so I can play games without breaking open NOS, but just putting it out there that there are a bunch of people that love sealed games. 

Or customers just buy the slightly bigger box protectors.  Not sure how many people use box protectors and how many people don't. There are even people who don't display boxes.....imagine that! ?

So are games gonna go up from $70 to $72 or $75? 

Don't see the need now we know who sells the bigger version. Let customers decide if they want them or not.

Maybe put a slip of paper saying where to get the right size protector. No real cost and easy to do.

I'm looking for protectors for my box protectors. The insert that holds that cart isn't enough, nor is the box that holds the insert that holds the cart, nor is the protector that protects the box that holds the insert that holds the cart. Still plenty of room for damage, I need to protect that protector. Thanks!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, madman said:

I'm looking for protectors for my box protectors. The insert that holds that cart isn't enough, nor is the box that holds the insert that holds the cart, nor is the protector that protects the box that holds the insert that holds the cart. Still plenty of room for damage, I need to protect that protector. Thanks!

How do you protect your shelves from getting scratched by the box protectors?  Nobody thinks of keeping the shelves nice.

6 hours ago, Stephen said:

How do you protect your shelves from getting scratched by the box protectors?  Nobody thinks of keeping the shelves nice.

I am in the process of building shelves using 1970's air hockey table technology, allowing games to gently rest on a cushion of air.

• Haha 4

• 1 month later...

I have redesigned all of my boxes based off the new Saucer Wars box. The box is the same exact dimensions as the commercial Jaguar releases and ALL will come with plastic protectors now. (some boxes also got a facelift) Hard to believe it took me over 2 years to finally get this box thing right.

416662464_5games.thumb.png.c47e590d2ae2ec36da1a002408ca12c4.png

253922215_saucerwarsplasticstuff.thumb.jpg.dcc05b6855487c42073d091339c8b580.jpg

Edited by WAVE 1 GAMES
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, WAVE 1 GAMES said:

I have redesigned all of my boxes based off the new Saucer Wars box. The box is the same exact dimensions as the commercial Jaguar releases and ALL will come with plastic protectors now. (some boxes also got a facelift) Hard to believe it took me over 2 years to finally get this box thing right.

Great news! Glad to see you take customers' advice and put it into action. Saucer Wars looks like your best title yet, too, so you're on a hot streak, @WAVE 1 GAMES!

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...