IGNORED

No Sound in Altirra

jblenkle

I do most of my emulation gaming on a Windows XP computer. I had to re-install Windows XP a few days ago and now I get absolutely no sound on the Altirra Atari computer emulator.

All my other emulators (at least the ones I've re-installed) have sound.

Any one know what might be happening here? Do I need to install something else to get the sound working? I know some emulators require you to have things like Visual C ++ or NET Framework installed. I've got those.

I'm obviously missing something, but I have no idea what.

Altirra doesn't need the Visual C++ runtime or .NET Framework redistributables.

Check the host audio settings under System > Configure System > Audio > Host Audio Options, particularly the Audio API setting. It should default to WaveOut for Windows XP, but if for some reason it's not, you can try changing this setting.

39 minutes ago, phaeron said:

Altirra doesn't need the Visual C++ runtime or .NET Framework redistributables.

Check the host audio settings under System > Configure System > Audio > Host Audio Options, particularly the Audio API setting. It should default to WaveOut for Windows XP, but if for some reason it's not, you can try changing this setting.

Thanks....wasn't saying Altirra required those, but some emulators do. In any case I got tired of everything slowly starting to not work in Windows XP and upgraded slightly to Windows 7...works fine now.