Ksarul

HRD 4000B

I won't have the production boards in hand for a few more weeks, Beery. I prefer not to take payment from folks until the board(s) they want are ready to ship.

1 minute ago, Ksarul said:

I won't have the production boards in hand for a few more weeks, Beery. I prefer not to take payment from folks until the board(s) they want are ready to ship.

OK, no problem.

• Like 1

This is for those of you interested in seeing the required modifications for one of the prototype boards. It actually has a lot less flying wires than most of the original Horizon variants did. . .

Fully Modded Prototype Board.JPG

Edited by Ksarul
  • Like 8

Ksarul been kind enough to send to me one of the prototype boards.

I am looking forward to building it up, and helping out on the project.

• Like 2

On 11/23/2019 at 7:11 PM, FALCOR4 said:

The RAMBO configuration is very interesting.  Did anyone actually write software to take advantage of it?  Also, can someone tell me how the >6000->7FFF cartridge ROM space is disabled so that the RAMBO memory can reside there?  I found that to be very interesting.

It is not. -- Its just power of first to the bus wins. -- The PEB flexcable has strong drivers, and the memory on even original horzion is fast, and the cartridge roms are slow -- so it wins over.

Now I am not sure if today's new cartridges like flashrom99 or finalgrom can be overdriven like the current setup, but i have recently bought both and once my horzion 4000b prototype comes i will be testing everything out to see.

there is few pieces of software out there, but not many, i plan to release the few programs that have been designed for it later on this year on my website or here, once i can test them out again on real iron hardware, i only been using emulators the last couple of years, and now in process of rebuilding my ti99 real iron setup, my previous one got totally destoried during hurricane matthew couple of years ago.

• Like 5

I really love the patterns that filter produces. It's not /always/ the best answer, but I often think it looks better than random dots - more like intentional shading. ;)

• Like 4

I now have four of the prototypes ready for the smoke test/final component insertion, so they should be ready by next weekend. . .

• Like 5