Ksarul

HRD 4000B

8 minutes ago, mizapf said:

Is the optional 32k RAM also battery-backed? It is not really clear from the schematics. 

If you mean the 32k ram for creating a stand alone card with the ti 32k memory card out of the peb box, then no it's not battery backed, as the contents would fluctuate with what ever cartridge was using it at the time.  The 32k ram let's it become the expansion ram card for the ti. You would not use the 32k ram in the Geneve configuration.

Edited by RickyDean
additional content and correction.
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, mizapf said:

Is the optional 32k RAM also battery-backed? It is not really clear from the schematics. 

I don't think you can choose to power part of a chip with SRAM, without powering all of the chip.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mizapf said:

The optional 32K RAM, as RickyDean pointed out, is not battery-backed.  All of the disk SRAMs and the 8K/32K DSR memory are battery-backed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, NewcomerTI said:

I would still like to purchase a bare board and a 8 M assembled card.  Can you provide instructions on obtaining these?

You can private message @Ksarul, and he can probably help you.

On 7/22/2021 at 4:36 PM, Ksarul said:

I'll be testing the boards from my most recently assembled group this weekend, so yes, the boards are definitely still available.

Is this Board available in Germany?

2 hours ago, Desaster Area said:

It’s not available in Germany (at least not that I’m aware of). I’ve ordered all my boards directly with @Ksarul in the US.

European Import taxes really is an annoyance though.

The thing that bothers me the most is that you have to go pickup your parcel at the german Zoll, they open up the parcel and then they have no clue with what they are dealing with, and charge you import taxes on shipping costs as well. Go figure.

We need an european seller for the many interesting boards available in the US 😀

When I picked up my Geneve at the customs (Zoll) back in 1990, they neither had any clue what it could be, just found a description "expansion card and keyboard" and categorized it as a musical instrument.

• Haha 5

10 hours ago, Desaster Area said:

I sell them directly to folks anywhere in the world. As noted, customs can be a problem. I also sell the bare boards with several of the seriously difficult-to-source parts included in the price for those who have the skills necessary to assemble them on their own (the bare boards are much less of a customs problem, as only the board, six diodes, and a pair of IC chips have a much lower value than a completed board). Note that this is not a kit--you would still have to purchase most of the components on your own to complete the board.

• Like 3