IGNORED

Be on the lookout for stolen Trade-N-Games rarities

On 8/16/2019 at 10:00 PM, Tanooki said:

A shame, but kind of walked into that if you start effectively bragging online showing off the primo stuff.

Yep, just like if you're a woman and you show off too much skin, you deserve to get raped, right?  Are we REALLY playing this "bLAME The vicTiM" bullshit HERE, of all places??

I think its more of just being careful what you choose to share publicly online. If you watch the video Jason effectively states just that.

Unfortunately the world is full of predators and however you decide to word it being careful is something people should consider seriously.

• Like 2

Well there was an arrest awhile ago, which at the time of that many people assumed that TNG's stuff would be found soon after and whatnot.  However, this was a professional operation entirely.  What's even more despicable is that the thieves seemingly treated his Atari games as utter trash, when most of them were actually worth as much as the NES games!  I have to assume the Nintendo stuff was fenced much easier.

Here's my thing, there are undoubtedly collectors out there you have purchased his games.  They should all rot in collecting hell as much as the scum who stole the stuff.  Why?  There's very little chance that they bought these games from a reputable source or auction.  i.e. they knew these were "hot."

21 hours ago, dendawg said:

Yep, just like if you're a woman and you show off too much skin, you deserve to get raped, right?  Are we REALLY playing this "bLAME The vicTiM" bullshit HERE, of all places??

No, but what you're doing is similar to people comparing their first world problems to historic atrocities. By doing so you are guilty of what you are accusing someone else of.

Law enforcement and community services regularly remind people to excercise common sense and do things like not leave valuables in your car and nothing visible that could be mistaken as such, don't advertise an upcoming vacation or post on social media about being away from home.

It's why I don't invite people to see my game room when coming to my house to buy something or if it's really valuable, I meet them in a public place which doesn't lend itself to either of us robbing the other.

They don't tell women that they're asking to be raped by the way that they dress.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Greg2600 said:

They should all rot in collecting hell as much as the scum who stole the stuff.  Why?  There's very little chance that they bought these games from a reputable source or auction.  i.e. they knew these were "hot."

I never bought any of my stuff from "reputable source or auctions" (save for stuff from Japan) - though, I'm not concerned since usually it's because I buy my stuff utterly cheap.

I don't see how people would universally be aware that "this stuff" was hot, unless you have sources that the sellers behaved in a shady way (selling in large quantities?) ?

23 hours ago, Greg2600 said:

Well there was an arrest awhile ago, which at the time of that many people assumed that TNG's stuff would be found soon after and whatnot.  However, this was a professional operation entirely.  What's even more despicable is that the thieves seemingly treated his Atari games as utter trash, when most of them were actually worth as much as the NES games!  I have to assume the Nintendo stuff was fenced much easier.

Here's my thing, there are undoubtedly collectors out there you have purchased his games.  They should all rot in collecting hell as much as the scum who stole the stuff.  Why?  There's very little chance that they bought these games from a reputable source or auction.  i.e. they knew these were "hot."

You have to know that some of the ultra rarities here have made their way secretly into the hands of mega collectors. The pawn shops didn’t just sell that MIB River Patrol for $10 to Joe Schmo coming off the street.  They’ve got contacts.  People that know people. They both profited on these.  

• Like 1

On 2/12/2021 at 6:05 PM, dendawg said:

Sure if you want to act like garbage and draw that conclusion feel free, seemingly since you must have some feeling that way to make such a stupid comment.  There is no parallel.  I'm not going into tearing your micro brain argument apart, the others have done that for me perfectly well so far (stupus, black_tiger)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tanooki said:

more than one thread

Maybe, but don't flatter yourself. You're not worth stalking. I reply to what I see as wrong where I see it. Your name-calling doesn't make the point I made earlier any less valid IMHO.  There's nothing wrong with showing off your collection if you feel like it. If you can't handle that I called out collection shaming, then get over yourself and ignore me.

Edited by dendawg
  • Haha 1