IGNORED

Thank you Bushnell

Alena

I want you amazing programmers out there to make the ultimate "Thank you" message to Nolan Bushnell: a 2-player go game for the VCS! Once you're done, don't forget to tell Bushnell about it on social media, it's his favorite game on the system he invented, and he deserves it for jump-starting the industry!

• Like 1

I think the tile engine - 8 characters deep and 10 in width... would look something like this, when displaying a (scrollable) go board...
It's a mockup - the screen would be more 'venetian-blindy-looky' but it wouldn't flicker, and the colours would be different.

But, I think... do-able.

go.gif

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I felt like a bit of a break, so I spent a couple of hours implementing a Go screen. Until I lost interest. It's workable, but not very pretty. I think I might leave it at that, just as a demo of what it might look like. My previous inaccurate and clueless mockup image was the result of alcohol and lack of sleep.

The basic concept is you move around the circle, press the button, and it drops a "stone" at that position in the current player's colour. Then the other player has a go.

Nolan, you can pay me to finish this one off for you :)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...