IGNORED

Retron or original hardware

onemoretime

Howdy again. I m posting this here because I don t know anything about systems that aren t Atari. The War Department said the other day that she wanted to play some snes or maybe nes games, and possible Genesis stuff. My question is, keeping in mind that she s hard on equipment (including mine), would I be better off with one of these Retron 5 things (which I almost bought today), or original hardware and do the video mods like I did with my 2600 and 5200?

Lol. Great hearing from you bud.   I ll check it out, but at the moment I m scrambling to try to get my old systems easier to setup to display on my new TV. When I posted this I didn t realize that I couldn t hookup to my new TV.  The War Department has a grandkid that s autistic, and loves to play simple games with her when he comes over, but........ I have to be home to hook all of the jazz up. So, I m finishing my built-in, and getting cables, and a Retrotink and so on. My hope is to have it all done and have an Atarimax by next month when he comes to visit. I m trying to come up with a way to fasten the console down, and maybe have an easy break away connection on the power and composite cables for when he s running around here. I don t mind too badly when one of my consoles gets yanked off of a table by the cable and torn up, but I think a couple of simple mods might cure it.