IGNORED

Many new games for Atari Lynx for it's birthday on the 1st of September

Igor

You may have seen the "Atari Lynx 30th Birthday Competition" thread (link below) in the programming forum.

Well the competition is about to produce it's results, on the 1st of September all of the submissions will be

playable online and downloadable as ROMs.

This will be a truely momentous birthday celebration for the Lynx!

More details at the competition page here - https://atarigamer.com/pages/atari-lynx-30th-birthday-programming-competition

comp.thumb.jpg.147d536668d2888a6db6dbd21351ccbd.jpg

• Like 9

I have been waiting for this too. I don't remember where the roms are to be released to the public but that should happen 9/1/19 so in a few days. I'll be excited to try them out on the AGACart which I ordered from one of the sponsors on there Rafal. If they are going to be released on the bottom of that same page then i assume we download them all, test them, and then vote on who the winners are.

Nutmeg is great! I can totally see Xump and Nutmeg on the same cart, that would be really awesome. The new Lynx SD Slim will come bundled with the ROMs too, and a special launcher menu as well.

As for the ROM releases, they'll be available from the usual game information pages, but I'll be sure to include extra links for them. They'll all be playable on the online Lynx emulator too. I'm working on a new page that will have details of every game, that will be available at launch. I'm being more flexible with times due to time zones, but yes 1st of September is around when it will all be live and ready.

• Like 1

We have sent a submission.

Its only a sneak peak (becasue final - real - game will be submitted in a week). The crunch is real but we will manage. 90% is done but one module still crashing so we just dropped title/story/few levels (without any enemy shooting - it crashes) to have a submission.

Will make topic tomorrow about our production and we hope you will like it (the final game not sneakpeak of course).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, UHATEIT said:

Where is the link for the ROMs download. I'd like to try them out and cast votes

I'll be posting links soon, just giving teams a little bit more time for last minute changes before it all goes live.

15 hours ago, necrocia said:

I'll be posting links soon, just giving teams a little bit more time for last minute changes before it all goes live.

Yesterday was my bad I thought it was the 1st and forgot 31 days in August! Whenever the links are ready post up for sure. I scoured the page and didn't see them yet. Id like to try these on the Agacart. 

Edited by UHATEIT