IGNORED

Jaguar HSC_SEASON 12_Game Selection/Suggestions

1249058160_JagHighScoreBanner.thumb.jpg.ebabdced6ae301cc8895c0cd2ce74a9d.jpg

SEASON 12 -- Starts 9/16/2019

Hello fellow Jaguar gamers.  What would you like to see played in Season 12?  Make a list and i'll tally them all up before starting the next season.  The games with the most votes will get a play.  12 rounds, so 12 suggestions would be great; or just your top picks. Trying to go more egalitarian this round as regards game selection. :) 

In other exciting news: 

CJ Has announced that he will be making three (3) cart-only special LED releases, Rebooteroids, Superfly DX, and Downfall available for the top three winners of this round!  That should be a good enticement for some new people to get involved and crush some high scores! 

Might i suggest that at least one of these games be played in our HSC season.  I am thinking Superfly since it has been the longest since it's been included.

Thanks again for your input and participation; looking forward to another GREAT season of the Atari Jaguar HSC!!!

18972353_JagCartImage1.JPG.c926afc0cdf6cbd27ac86d01075cd1a0.JPG213506006_JagCartImage2.JPG.41e2be2326acfd1e854b5b04e15f4a17.JPG

Ooh, in no particular order or preference:

Kobayshi Maru

Full Circle: Rocketeer

Hyperforce

Attack of the Mutant Penguins (not sure how this would work but an underrated game IMHO)

Impulse X

Switchblade

Tempest 2000

Astrostorm

Zero 5

Edited to add:

Superfly DX

Zoop

Edited by doctor_shred
Update the games list
  • Like 1

For sure....we will play the 3 that will be prizes!

Also--I like some suggestions (Attach of the Mutant Penguins) but just not sure how we would score it.

At some point we need a pinned thread in the HSC for what games do/do not work for HSC purposes.  There is just no way to score many jaguar games sadly.. 

• Like 1

On 9/5/2019 at 7:15 PM, CyranoJ said:

Remember - the BETA releases of Rebooteroids are not score compatible with the final release, and have multiple different levels.

I always thought that a Rebooteroids Beta release would be cool. The games seem to have just enough differences in them to make a Beta release worth it. Plus, it is my favorite game.

19 minutes ago, Machine said:

I always thought that a Rebooteroids Beta release would be cool. The games seem to have just enough differences in them to make a Beta release worth it. Plus, it is my favorite game.

I'm not sure how many, but probably 10-15 of them have been released - all playable on the Jaguar SD, Skunkboard or VJ.   I'm quite happy with the final version :)

As you know CJ, your game really struck a cord with me. Love the final version. I do look forward to playing the betas. It will be fun to see your path to the final version.

The ship controls are perfect, love the rotary controls.

Can't wait to play your upcoming titles. After selling my Gravitar arcade 18 yrs. ago, I finally found one locally this year.

My best friend actually found it for sale and stepped aside so I could buy it. Now that is a true friend!

• Like 1

Really appreciate the comments and support - thank you!

As you are probably aware, I'm not a big fan of people releasing unfinished games and hawking them to the fanbase for monies, it just feels like a lazy cash grab - so aside from the free downloads of them people will have to make do with the final, complete, finished version :)

Regarding Attack of the Mutant Penguins - I think it would be possible to use this game for a HSC round.  We could play one of the "Pandemonium" levels which is a survival mode - endless mutant penguins, play until you die.  These levels are scored.

There are 4 levels to choose from and some are easier than others to rack up a score.

What do people think? 

• Like 1

I would be open to try it; just because i've never really gotten into Attack of the Mutant Penguins and would like to force myself to play it a bit more...lol

Okay so far we have:

Impulse X (3)

Downfall (2)

Hyperforce (2)

Zoop (2)

Zero 5 (2)

Superfly DX (2)

Rebooteroids (2)

Kobayshi Maru (2)

Full Circle: Rocketeer (2)

Tempest 2000 (2)

Attack of the Mutant Penguins (2)