• Nova blast
    • Street fighter
    • Dracula
    • Microsurgeon
    • Frogger
    • Beamrider
    • Truckin

15 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

That game was awesome!  What about Galaga 88 4 player co-op and/or versus mode?   :)

Split Screen option! As long as the aliens I destroy gets respawned on my opponent's playfield. 😈

• Like 2

Now that we know that shooting people will not be possible in the Amico games, and we will be using weapons against robots, I'm looking forward to see lots of robot violence in the system.

4 player split screen FPS with robots, smash bros style fighting games with robots, etc.

Thanks to the focus in gameplay over graphics, the Amico will be able to implement very fluid 4p split screen modes, and who knows, maybe they can try 6p expanding to the sides thanks to the extra space wide screens provide.

Beamrider

Bump N Jump

Commando

Dragonfire

Hockey

Space Battle

Space Spartans

Thunder Castle

Tower Of Doom

• Like 1

How much longer will we have to wait for the next promo video that shows only gameplay.

Great game choices and I hope we some more of the classics redone!   

• Like 1

I think Tarmin would not be a good choice. It would be compared to Dungeon Master and probably not favorably. The appeal would not be that wide either in terms of addressing the mass market I think a Intellivision Inc is going for. I would love to be wrong, and would play it personally, but does not have “pick up and play” vibes like other games, would be hard to couch co-op, and it would be hard to make it groundbreaking when so many other games from similarly-powered console already exist. 

53 minutes ago, First Spear said:

I think Tarmin would not be a good choice. It would be compared to Dungeon Master and probably not favorably. The appeal would not be that wide either in terms of addressing the mass market I think a Intellivision Inc is going for. I would love to be wrong, and would play it personally, but does not have “pick up and play” vibes like other games, would be hard to couch co-op, and it would be hard to make it groundbreaking when so many other games from similarly-powered console already exist. 

Cloudy Mountain may work better as an updated remake, and could be made into a multiiplayer dungeon crawler that is much easier to pick up and play than Tarmin would.

17 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Cloudy Mountain may work better as an updated remake, and could be made into a multiiplayer dungeon crawler that is much easier to pick up and play than Tarmin would.

Agree.  I just wonder how they would do a multiplayer dungeon crawl if two people move in opposite directions off either side of the screen.  How would it split up the action?  I can't seem to picture that one...

Just now, atarifan88 said:

Agree.  I just wonder how they would do a multiplayer dungeon crawl if two people move in opposite directions off either side of the screen.  How would it split up the action?  I can't seem to picture that one...

They may need to move together in order to progress, or have a split screen.  Something like that.

On 9/12/2019 at 4:18 AM, roots.genoa said:

Poor robots... :(
ae3e210325ad922b38031d126a5b1a1d.gif

I'm trying to figure out what this clip is from, but it's so fast it's giving me motion sickness trying to watch it.

2 hours ago, nurmix said:

I'm trying to figure out what this clip is from, but it's so fast it's giving me motion sickness trying to watch it.

My guess is Artificial Intelligence.

• Thanks 1

Yes it is. This is one of the most famous examples of violence towards robots.

It wish I had found a better gif but that's the only one I got.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

Yes it is. This is one of the most famous examples of violence towards robots.

It wish I had found a better gif but that's the only one I got.

Ah, OK.  Never saw that.  I’ll have to add it to my list.

Well, another option for a 3D FPS on the Amico would be a water gun shooter:

I just learned that this thing exists. It appears that it was "E Rated", so it would be possible on the Amico. It had 4 player split screen.

I still prefer robots though...

8 hours ago, roberto said:

Besides those listed in the poll, I would definitely add Safecracker too!

😁

8 hours ago, IntelliMission said:

Well, another option for a 3D FPS on the Amico would be a water gun shooter:

I just learned that this thing exists. It appears that it was "E Rated", so it would be possible on the Amico. It had 4 player split screen.

I still prefer robots though...

An FPS with water-guns.  That is a pretty solid idea.  I, myself, just had a water-gun fight with my son and a kid we were watching this weekend.  Something like this on the Amico would be great IMO.  Also, a football game along the lines of 'Mutant League Football' would be great to see, minus the blood and violence of course.  Just my two cents on things.

On 9/16/2019 at 11:56 AM, atarifan88 said:

I put some time overthinking on this one a few years ago. I could imagine an update, and this is on the classic console, where one player is "central" and the other has to move in the same space all the time, no split-screen. Similar to Swords and Serpents where the knight is truly in the middle and the world scrolls around him while the wizard doesn't control the view-camera. Or kind of like Auto Racing where the lead car tends to control the screen view.