IGNORED

Minecraft -- a little help figuring out which version is what, please

Razzie.P

A friend of mine has the Java edition of Minecraft, and it shows current version is 1.14, with no option to update.    Now, his nephew found out that 1.15 has Bees or something, and is dying to update.  Problem is, neither of us can figure out if it's available now or have to wait.    I googled it, and some articles (from Aug 23) talk about "Java edition now has bees!"  and others say "Java edition updated 1.15 (with bees) release date will be announced soon" indicating that it's not available yet.    This is complicated by a few people claiming to already have it in their Java Edition, causing the poor kid to go bonkers.

So the point that rant is --- is the "bees update" available now for Java Edition?  If so, how do we get it?

Thanks for any help!

• Like 1

In the launcher of minecraft you can create "profiles", for a profile you can set which version of minecraft to use, you'll want to set it to the latest snapshot, which are basically betas. The version picking feature is nice for going back to old worlds due to all the changes in minecraft but it can be confusing when all the hot new buzz is about things not in the version of minecraft that runs when you just hit "play" by default.

• 3 weeks later...

Java used to be "the" Minecraft and got everything first. Since Microsoft acquired them, bedrock is now the lead version, despite there still being far more java users still.

I believe bees are currently in the latest java, but not currently implemented, what I mean is they are there in creative, but not yet completed and natural in survival mode yet. Most addons/updates have happened that way from my experience, I've been messing with it for 7ish years now.

I'll stick with java as long as I can, as most user made addons, mods,etc work on this, and it's easily editable to play preceded versions (yes, some old stuff won't work on newer versions) as far as I'm aware, you can't change versions on bedrock (or use custom self designed skins and characters)