IGNORED

Strange Atari Lightbox Sign?

WarpStar

Hi all,

First time on the forum, hope this is interesting!

Recently bought this Atari sign off of Craigslist from a guy in Philadelphia. His story was that he got the sign from a guy who used to work at Atari back in the day, and was selling it for a friend. He didn't really have evidence to that point, and so I'm not sure how true it is, but he was also selling a lot of Atari ST stuff in pretty good shape, some accessories complete in box, and a few old programming guides for stuff like Atari Basic.

At any rate, looking to see if any of y'all have ever seen anything similar. Definitely strikes me as a custom job, or one off in house build as the wiring doesn't suggest it's ready for commercial use, but it's definitely old (smells like a thrift store guitar, and electrical components aren't exactly cutting edge). Either way, love the sign, cool addition to my gaming collection.

No photo description available.

• Like 1

(Keep in mind - Just my $0.02)

I'd love this sign in my basement but it looks like a custom job. Doesn't mean it did not come from the source you were told about but if it did it probably originated in someone's garage who THEN brought it to headquarters.

Would be interesting to find out where the front panel came from (or could be sourced from today) and build one with LED lighting. :)

On 9/10/2019 at 8:31 AM, ClassicGMR said:

(Keep in mind - Just my $0.02)

I'd love this sign in my basement but it looks like a custom job. Doesn't mean it did not come from the source you were told about but if it did it probably originated in someone's garage who THEN brought it to headquarters.

Would be interesting to find out where the front panel came from (or could be sourced from today) and build one with LED lighting. :)

Thanks, I tend to agree! Also curious where the panel came from, it looks pretty good.