IGNORED

Value of multi game arcades?

PikoInteractive

So I just recently bought a large lot of arcades, and unfortunately a good bunch are cabinet conversions to multi arcades. They have either jamma 60 in 1 board or the Elf game Jamma board.

They work, just need some clean up, touch ups and probably button adjustments.

Anybody has experience with selling these? I have no interest in them if they dont have original hardware.

How much should I price each? Or at least to know value to trade for actual original arcades.

Thanks!

Full disclosure: I'm not personally involved in the arcade collecting scene/market, but based on what I've heard through the years, you may find that certain individual parts of those cabinets would sell for just as much as - or more than - the whole thing.  In particular, if they have real arcade monitors (i.e., not LCDs) that are in good working order, those would probably fetch more of a premium on their own than the entire 60-in-1 assembly would.  

Another thing would be cabinets.  For example, if one of them is a Nintendo cabinet that has been converted to a 60-in-1, and the cabinet is in good shape, then the stripped down cabinet might fetch more on its own, because it would enable some collector to piece together an authentic Donkey Kong or Mario Bros.  

In examples like these, only the real/classic parts have any value to much of the market - the rest of the stuff is just a nuisance.  It's kind of analogous to how you might find a certain cartridge on eBay that you really want, but the seller wants to sell it as part of a lot with 50 other carts that you don't want or care about. 

• Like 2

Yeah Reddit Arcade guys mentioned about 250-350 bucks which I what I thought they would be valued at. Now I do got a couple of original cab conversions that I plan to convert back.

By the way, A couple I haven't been able to test because they have these weird screws shutting the back panel, any recognize what bit they are so I can go buy them?

These 2 seem to be original cabs, Exterminator for Taito and Aero Fighters Neo Geo.

image1 (12).jpeg

7 hours ago, PikoInteractive said:

Yeah Reddit Arcade guys mentioned about 250-350 bucks which I what I thought they would be valued at. Now I do got a couple of original cab conversions that I plan to convert back.

By the way, A couple I haven't been able to test because they have these weird screws shutting the back panel, any recognize what bit they are so I can go buy them?

These 2 seem to be original cabs, Exterminator for Taito and Aero Fighters Neo Geo.

image1 (12).jpeg

Lol was able to unscrew it with the smallest wrench I had.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'll second the comment on the parts being worth the same or more compared to the entire cabinet. I think the only situation where the cab would be worth more all-together would be if it was in really good condition.

By now I would imagine that most game cabs have either deteriorated, rotted, got burned or trashed. And the surviving examples are in private collections or money-making commercial arcades. Both of those locations would demand spare parts in preference over complete working units.

I also don't see multi-cade units appreciating in value. They are like commonplace PCs or any other appliance. You have many manufacturers of ready-made units, Arcade 1up, Arcade Legends, and complete 16TB HyperSpin plug-in-play kits! And more.

Edited by Keatah

I don't think it's common to see these 60-in-1 boards placed in valuable cabinets, particularly older cabinets that were not JAMMA to begin with. Most of the ones I have seen are in junky/common conversion cabinets, so nothing special. At arcade shows these things sit all day at the $250+ price point. Might have to sell them for lower if you want them to move quickly, or let them sit on Craigslist for a while for some newbie to eventually bite.

• Like 1