IGNORED

The next game or demo competition for Atari Lynx!

rj1307

I will be at the french RGC near Paris the week before, so I can't attend to the SillyVenture unfortunately.

I have a question about this for you Rafal, is it OK for you if I demonstrate my game during the RGC (that swould lead to a major Internet exposure of maybe 3 posts in french) or do you want the games to keep unshowed before the SillyVenture ?

Spoiler

And why do you want to speak english in France when french is enough :-D 

14 minutes ago, Fadest said:

Do you really want to learn "Andouillette AAAAA de Troyes", "Tête de veau sauce gribiche" or "Ragout de rognon de veau" ?

Really ?

Non, "voulez-vous coucher ...";-) (ou, comme on dit chez nous (prêt d'Alsace): "Voulez-vous de Ranze full"  ?

8 hours ago, Fadest said:

I will be at the french RGC near Paris the week before, so I can't attend to the SillyVenture unfortunately.

I have a question about this for you Rafal, is it OK for you if I demonstrate my game during the RGC (that swould lead to a major Internet exposure of maybe 3 posts in french) or do you want the games to keep unshowed before the SillyVenture ?

Reveal hidden contents

And why do you want to speak english in France when french is enough :-D 

According to the rules, work exhibited on Silly Venture may not take part in another competition before. It can be shown on another party, but it cannot be shared on the internet.
And I have no influence on it, these are the rules set by the main organizer of the meeting ;)

So if I demonstrate and test the game on my stand during the RGC (it may be a Comlynxed game if I managed to debug it) and photos are made.

But no public ROM distribution until Silly Venture.

Do you think it is OK ? 

If any doubt, I will keep it secret until the SillyVenture. I should have enough stuff to expose at the RGC with the 30 years competition and some other games, even without showing SillyBlaster :D

I could not resist to accept a new collaboration to produce a game for Silly Venture, but this hobby is becoming very time consuming.

4 full games i(+ 2 small games like Biniax1 and 4ttude) in a year could be considered a full time job for a game developer of 30 years ago.

The good thing of all this work spent on Lyons is that, not only I start to have a good knowledge of the device, but I'm starting to develope a  personal style in making Lynx games, that I consider a big step up for my game production skills.

Let's see if this time people will like the new game more than the previous.

As my martial art sensei always sais, winning is not important... but you must be committed to win! ⚔️

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Nop90 said:

Wow, other 9 games!!!!!

And the competition will be hard again.

Silly me that decided to start coding for one of the oldest and less known handheld in the hope to find a small and tired community.

Should have chose wonderswan ?

I am even worse off. After the defeat to get any points for a "love" game like "Find a way to my heart" I decided to try to educate you guys by repeating the same concept again at Silly Ventures. I wonder what I was thinking... I should have made a "shoot everything that moves"-game.

Not a sweet game with ragtime music.
sillysis.png.1ed992098d044136256a96f78fa1ef2a.png

• Haha 2

Great.

I'm stuck with my game, I really need to take some time to make it more playable.

Unlike Karri, I decided to make something completely different for me, and I need to unlock some old forgotten mathematical skills :D

But I'm pretty confident it will be playable for the SV (and enjoyable I hope), but not fully completed, and certainly not a candidate for a place in the Top 5 I guess.

44 minutes ago, Nop90 said:

Should have chose wonderswan ?

This year, during the french AC, there was a tentative to make a game on wonderswan with a strange controller : a water basin (not joking)

Believe me, these guys are awesome, but a bit strange (some of them even code for Jaguar :-o)

(more seriously, seems like some great things are coming for the Wonderswan scene)

5 hours ago, karri said:

I am even worse off. After the defeat to get any points for a "love" game like "Find a way to my heart" I decided to try to educate you guys by repeating the same concept again at Silly Ventures. I wonder what I was thinking... I should have made a "shoot everything that moves"-game.

Not a sweet game with ragtime music.
sillysis.png.1ed992098d044136256a96f78fa1ef2a.png

Ironically, cupid thinks love is a shooting game ?

2 hours ago, Turbo Laser Lynx said:

Fantastic! Nine games! I also FINALLY had an idea I liked after half a year of brainstorming small game ideas I couldn't feel. Let's see if I can smack it together in three weeks! :o (Wish me luck).

Cool, with you on board, we'll jump to 10 entries, and maybe more as I think no all declarations are in! :)

Karri your new game looks beautiful, and judging from Find a way to my heart and On Duty, I think it will sound good too!

I'm impressed that PriorArt managed to make a Supervision game, and make a cartridge for it - they are awesome.

Nop90, if you are looking for really obscure handheld, I think you should look into the Game Plus (a cheap clone of the Game Master, itself a cheap GB imitator).

gameplus.jpg

As a proud owner of this console, I guarantee you that you can't go lesser know and more obscure than that! But I'm not sure making a game for it would be any fun then ? (I mean, it's already painful to play as the screen is barely visible and the button are not always responsive)

We are currently in the process of getting carts, labels and boxes for the Supervision done. We also aim for a Lynx release of Assembloids in the near future, of course. Trying to keep the price as low as we can without making any major cuts to the quality. This takes some time/effort.

Right now Lynx coding is dedicated to a small demo contribution for Sillyventure. Or huge. We shall see.

Edited by enthusi
  • Like 3