IGNORED

WTB: Flightstick Pro 3DO & Refurbished 3DO

sgupta

Hey all, 

I'm new here so hello.

I've recently become aware of two pretty unique games (in that they differ significantly from other versions of them) I really want to play, on original hardware if possible.  I've tracked down the games (Super Wing Commander & Wing Commander III), so that's been the easy part.

The most difficult part is, because of their nature, I *only* want to bite the bullet on the console if I can find a Flightstick Pro for it, and so far I haven't had any luck (searching on places like eBay).  There are tons of PC Flightstick Pro's (I have two myself) but the 3DO version is a tough find.

Assuming I can find the former, I'd also really like to get a 3DO, preferably a refurbished one that's guaranteed working and also has a fresh save battery.  Either FZ-1 or FZ-10 should be fine.  I've found plenty of old hardware, but few options that refurbish 'em.  Is this a possibility?  

Finally, I'm acquiring legit copies of both games in good condition (possibly sealed - we'll see).  Would most of you recommend going ahead and using the discs?  Or do you suggest burning backups and using the backup?  I've seen reports of scratched discs.  (Yes, I know if I do get a sealed copy, breaking the seal immediately loses value, but part of me would get a kick out of using the original disc because I'm nuts.  =oP).  

Thanks all for any advice/assistance!

Welcome to AtariAge!

I would suggest putting this post in the wanted section in the marketplace section on the forum, it would have more traffic there than here. 

Good luck on finding The Flightstick and 3DO!

I have an FZ10 and a flightstick, and a copy of WC4 -- I had the same thoughts as you a long time ago. I have been thinking about selling it off but haven't gotten around to it, because life. I assume it still works. Did you have a buying budget in mind? Not sure how much it would be worth nowadays. 

CDs never touch the machine. If you put them away when not in use and generally handle them with care, they won't get scratched. But the machine is OK at reading backups if you take the trouble to burn them at slow speed. 

• Like 1

Hey all!

Was away all day yesterday and just got a chance to check this!  Wow, thanks for all the great replies!  

I'll check out that listing and also send a DM to those who replied here possibly interesting in selling!

If I still don't have any luck I'll post on the marketplace.

Thanks!