IGNORED

Should someone take upon them to make a completed version of Missing in Action?

Giles N

Just now, Gazimaluke said:

No one I knew had any Atari computer or console back in the day. I have no idea how popular Atari stuff was in Sweden back in the day.

Interesting. It was my understanding the Atari ST sold well there, although not as well as the Amiga. But that was also a long time ago as with all Atari systems at this point...

59 minutes ago, Lynxpro said:

Interesting. It was my understanding the Atari ST sold well there, although not as well as the Amiga. But that was also a long time ago as with all Atari systems at this point...

I knew many people that had an Amiga. But I had never even registered that there was something called Atari ST. But then I wasn't looking for what else there was. 

• Like 1

On 5/21/2020 at 7:31 PM, aaron1677 said:

I'd buy a completed version of MIA!

If crash-detection for mid-level and end-of-level-bosses had been programmed, and dead boss = next level, it would be 97% complete.

Picks-ups would be the remaining 3%.

Edited by Giles N

On 5/26/2020 at 6:27 AM, Synthpopalooza said:

Looks like this uses YM2151.   Any way we can rip the music?

Perhaps a combination of the Delta-Force theme [which is pretty strong & was, in part, used for the old C64 game ‘Katakis’] with elements from this MIA arcade, would be possible?

For the record, that awesome 1989 Konami arcade game was actually the sequel to Rush ‘n Attack/Green Beret. It didn’t see a very wide distribution in the arcades, wasn’t officially called “Rush ‘n Attack 2”, and never received an NES home port like the original, so very few people even knew it existed.

On 5/28/2020 at 4:06 PM, Lynxpro said:

The film's theme music is better than the music in that arcade game...  POKEY or YM it up...

Cool, but - still - listen to this , I mean purely as to what creates musical intensity of action...: