IGNORED

A Slight SDX Bug in 4.49C?

Larry

I ran into a little issue while updating my U1MB.  First, is the current version of UFLASH.XEX "Sparta-only?"  It seems to be. If I load it from MyDos, then it shows garbage characters for the rom contents of the U1MB. The older versions seem to be OK with MyDos.

And, if I copy files using SDX to a MyDos (Dos 2.0-alike) disk, then SDX copies all of the sectors of the file and shows that the files are too long.  For instance, an OS rom file is 16384 bytes, but when copied onto a MyDos disk, and then DIR'd from SDX, it shows 16445. Of course, if I look at the directory in MyDos, the files are of the correct sector length, and if I check the number of bytes actually in the copied file, they show the correct number of 16384.

I presume that SDX is showing the number of bytes from the number of sectors copied, and not the number actually in the file, so is not accounting for the (typically) partial last sector. (?)

-Larry

Yes: SDX must be enabled when flashing U1MB. SDX is generating an estimated file size based on the number of sectors in the file on the MYDOS disk, and the estimate is off because there are only 125/128 or 253/256 bytes of data in each sector (three bytes are occupied by linkage), and thus more sectors in the file. SDFS has an accurate size count in the directory, meanwhile, and data sectors contain no sector links.

Use SDX for best results.

• Like 1