IGNORED

New SIO Connectors on Ebay

Jeffrey Worley

I saw this on ebay and wanted to buy them but thought they might be kinda crappy.  I finally caved and bought four of them.  The shipping was four bucks and the four connectors were about seven.  So for eleven bucks I got four really high quality connectors.  They are 3d printed, but with what kind of printer I can't imagine.  The plastic is sturdy, well-finished, and the fit is  really precise.  For those doing projects that require sio connnectors, I recommend these whole-heartedly.  Here's a link to the connectors, and to the pins, which are available on both Mouser and on Digikey.

Connectors:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-Of-Atari-SIO-Cable-Plugs/173981990336?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Pins (Mouser):

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Molex/08-50-0105-Cut-Strip?qs=%2Fha2pyFaduhNDBcrHuwseTYc47dazYPMn9k8MYjpwRQa2Qjm3iOogQ%3D%3D

I bought 200 pins, so I can make a whole lotta sio2usb's.  Anyone want one?  The prices are hard to beat on Lotharek and on Amigabythelake.  Theirs are only 18.00, but I might make a few pretties for myself and local friends.

Best,

Jeff

20190916_182911.jpg

20190916_182822.jpg

20190916_182803.jpg

• Like 3

Ah!  Gavin's come with the pins and the screw/nut for a little more.  Nice.  I don't need the screw because I need to remove a chunk of the posts anyway to make room for the serial to usb breakout board I'm inserting, but for making cables, his would be the trick.

Jeff

• Thanks 1